Coconut Milk Stew Squash & Beans (Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw). This interesting Filipino stew is made with squash, coconut, and shrimp. It is good eaten as a stew, or served over jasmine rice. Add squash, coconut milk, and green beans to skillet.
Add with pork or shrimp or crab to make it more delicious. Bring just to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer (covered) just until the squash is tender. To test it, simply stab a piece of squash with a fork, if it seems nice and soft, then it's ready, if it's still firm, it needs to cook. You can cook Coconut Milk Stew Squash & Beans (Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Milk Stew Squash & Beans (Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw)
- It’s 100 g of Butternut or Kabocha Squash peeled and cubed (about 1 inch).
- You need 100 g of Yard Long Beans cut in 2-inch lengths.
- It’s 250 g of Pork cubed.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 of medium red onion minced.
- It’s 1 can (13.5 oz) of Coconut Milk or 1 sachet dissolved in 250ml water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of oil.
- You need Half of a cup or at least 3 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of eggplant quartered/cut into 1-inch cubes.
Spiced Butternut Squash & Coconut Milk SoupEmily Honeycutt. Add coconut milk and stock, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any bits that have formed on the bottom of the pot. Coconut Milk – This vegan milk substitute makes up the bulk of the liquid in this recipe.
Coconut Milk Stew Squash & Beans (Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw) instructions
- Heat oil in pan and cook cubed pork for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown..
- Add garlic and onions to the pan and cook until garlic is lightly toasted and onions are translucent. Set aside..
- Using the same pan cook squash for about 10 minutes (add about 3 tablespoons of water) or until soft and tender. Add cooked pork, garlic, and onions. Add fish sauce..
- Add eggplant and coconunt milk. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until cooked. On the last 3-5 minutes of cooking time, add long beans. Season with salt and pepper..
Feel free to use a LITE coconut milk to make this lower in fat Add roasted butternut squash and coconut milk ingredients to a large food processor or high-speed blender. Process or blend until ingredients are. A quick and easy Jamaican Squash & Coconut Stew recipe, from our authentic Jamaican cuisine collection. Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips at Gousto. Coconut milk is swirled in for creaminess, while toasted squash seeds add a pleasing crunch.