Apricot pound cake. All Reviews for Apricot Brandy Pound Cake III. This is one of the best pound cakes I have ever had very moist and flavourful. Next time will add chopped dried apricots we love apricots!
Make a classic cake you can serve every which way–plain, with fruit or whipped cream, toasted, or cut into squares for dipping in fondue. From potlucks and coffee breaks to gift-giving opportunities, it's hard to think of an occasion where this Apricot Pound Cake wouldn't be welcome. Serve cake with apricots and syrup and whipped cream. You can have Apricot pound cake using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apricot pound cake
- It’s 60 g of butter unsalted.
- You need 60 g of cake flour.
- You need 60 g of sugar half brown, half white.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 of baking powder.
- You need 30-40 g of dry apricot.
- You need of rum.
- You need of cinamon.
- Prepare of honey.
- You need of squeezed lemon.
Recipe by Melissa Hamilton and Christopher Hirsheimer. Be the first to write a review! Here, traditional pound cake gets jazzed up with the creamy tropical flavor of GOYA® Coconut Milk. I created this Pound Cake for a Very Dear Friend who was ill, she was craving an Apricot Cake.
Apricot pound cake step by step
- Cut dry apricot and poor rum. Warm it in the microwave approx 30sec. I added a piece of cinnamon as well..
- Mix butter and sugar.
- Mix with egg..
- Mix with floor and baking poweder and apricot in 1..
- Butter on the mold..
- Pour 4 into the mold..
- Bake it approx 15mins under 170C..
- Mix rum, honey and squeezed lemon, maybe a bit of hot water if it's too sticky and pour it from the top..
- Bake it again for 20-25mins. And pour the same liquid..
Since I had never made an Apricot cake before I was worried it would turn out horrible. Mix pound cake with Jello, oil and apricots with juice well. Beat eggs. is cool, glaze with powdered sugar and apricot juice mixed together. This aint your grandmothers pound cake. Moist buttery sour cream pound cake kicked up a notch with a few splashes of apricot flavored brandy and peach schnapps.