Tuna poke with coconut rice and Bibb lettuce. Or Boston, or Bibb, or any of those tender head lettuces because they all look the dang same. Rinse rinse rinse, then pile a little bit of rice and tuna mixture into each cup, which. . . THEN, sprinkle the lettuce cuppies with the remaining cucumber.
They're having a moment right now, with poke restaurants popping up on every corner, but they're genuinely a cinch to whip up in your own kitchen. A delicious Tuna Poke Bowl with Coconut Rice and lots of veggies. It's filled with colour and texture and is completely irresistible. You can have Tuna poke with coconut rice and Bibb lettuce using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna poke with coconut rice and Bibb lettuce
- Prepare 1 lb of sushi grade tuna.
- It’s of Coconut rice(see my recipe).
- You need 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of seasons oil.
- You need 1 tsp of chili oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ponzu sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves pressed.
- Prepare 3 of green onion (green part only, sliced on the bias.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fine chopped cilantro (reserve 1 tbsp for finishing).
- Prepare of Crushed wasabi peas.
- It’s of Diced avocado.
- You need of Lemon (half for the marinate and half for service).
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover. This amazing dinner is a favorite! Spicy Tuna Poke Bowls made with chunks of fresh tuna, avocado, cucumbers, spicy mayo, scallions cut on the bias served on a bed of steamed rice.
Tuna poke with coconut rice and Bibb lettuce step by step
- Mix all the ingredients except the wasabi peas, avocado and tuna and microwave for 30 seconds so the sugar melts, let cool..
- Slice the tuna into half inch pieces and add it to the bowl and mix well, let it marinate for at least an hour, preferably 2. stir every 30 minutes..
- Once it’s marinated fold in the diced avocado and serve it over the coconut rice and finish with toasted sesame seeds, lemon juice, wasabi peas and serve with Bibb lettuce.
In the past year or two, New York has exploded with poke bowl restaurants from the NYC to the end of Long Island. But the great news, it's just as. How To Make Tuna Poke Bowls. To begin: In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vegetable oil, sesame oil, honey, sambal oelek, ginger, and scallions. Cook the rice according to package instructions.