Coconut Cream Pie. I used a whole package of the frozen coconut in the pie. This coconut cream pie recipe features a thick and creamy coconut filling, crispy homemade pie crust, mounds of sweet whipped cream, and toasted coconut. From a graham cracker and toasted coconut crust, to a creamy coconut filling and a rum-spiked whipped cream topping, this pie is classic, timeless and sensational.
And this, my friends, is a Coconut Cream Pie dreams are made of. This delicious Coconut Cream Pie is pretty enough for special occasions like your holiday dessert table, but it's also simple enough to make just because. Save us a slice. "Coconut cream pie made the old-fashioned way! You can have Coconut Cream Pie using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Cream Pie
- You need 9 inch of baked pie shell.
- Prepare of Pie ingredients.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of flour.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 2 of egg yolks slightly beaten.
- It’s 2 cups of coconut.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare of Meringue ingredients.
- You need 3 of egg whites.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of sugar.
Mounds of fluffy coconut-cream cheese whipped cream, creamy coconut custard filling and a crisp buttery pie crust! This is the ultimate Coconut Cream Pie! Coconut cream pie is a diner classic, but there's no reason you can't make it at home. Cover the coconut cream pie with plastic wrap and chill it until the filling is firm.
Coconut Cream Pie instructions
- Bake 9" pie shell as directed..
- In top of double boiler combine sugar, flour and salt..
- Add milk, and egg yolks. Stir until smooth..
- Add 1 cup coconut..
- Cook over boiling water 5 minutes or until thick. Cover reduce heat cook 10 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and butter. Stir..
- Cool slightly, pour into baked pie shell..
- Make meringue by beating 3 egg whites until stiff, add 3 teaspoons sugar 1 teaspoon at a time and beat well after each teaspoon is added..
- Top filling with meringue and sprinkle with coconut..
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees..
Truly the BEST Coconut Cream Pie EVER! This is my Dad's favorite pie and it is truly amazing! Made with coconut milk for extra creamy, coconut flavor! This is the BEST Coconut Cream Pie recipe you will ever try! On Monday, I shared my post on how to toast coconut.