Apricot glazed chicken skewers. Soy sauce and apricot jam are the base for this tasty glaze, but you can also use orange juice or marmalade for a citrus variation. A quick and easy chicken dish. Note: you can substitute orange juice or marmalade for the apricot jam to make orange glazed chicken!
Where's the full recipe – why can I only see the ingredients? Repeat with remaining chicken & onions. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. You can cook Apricot glazed chicken skewers using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apricot glazed chicken skewers
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 8 of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of apricot jam.
In a medium pot, combine all ingredients for glaze. I made these delicious Apricot and Ginger Glazed Chicken Skewers for dinner the other night and now my hubby is asking for them again! Grilled Asian Sweet and Spicy Chicken Skewers over Brown Rice. I know we're in August and all, but I'm just now getting into grilling!
Apricot glazed chicken skewers instructions
- In bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cut chicken thighs in half crosswise; add to marinade, tossing to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes or for up to 8 hours..
- Thread chicken onto 8 pairs of soaked wooden skewers. Place on greased grill over medium heat; brush with any remaining marinade. Close lid and grill, turning once, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Brush with marmalade; grill, turning, for 1 minute. Makes 4 servings.
Pour apricot glaze over chicken, turning pieces to coat. For an appealing meal, serve the chicken thighs with a favorite green vegetable and cooked rice enhanced with grated carrots and/or sliced green onions. I have made this recipe for my family for years and it's still everyone's top pick. I like to serve it with rice on the side. Drain and discard marinade in bag.