Vegan coconut lentil soup. Find Deals on Vegan Soup in Boxed Meals on Amazon. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to. Nourishing vegan coconut tomato lentil soup simmered with delicious, warming spices like cumin, coriander and turmeric.
Serve this vegan and gluten-free recipe with Perfect Coconut Rice or rice noodles. Lentil Soup FAQs: What goes well with Vegan Coconut Curry Lentil Soup? Lentil soups, in general, are extremely versatile. You can cook Vegan coconut lentil soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan coconut lentil soup
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 (3 inch) of piece ginger.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of red curry powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 (13.5 ounce) of can unsweetened coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of red lentils.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- It’s 1 (15 ounce) of can crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 scoop of non-dairy Yogurt (for serving; optional).
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of sea salt (optional to taste).
For a rich and thick soup like this one (or even my Easy Spiced Lentil Soup), your best bet is to pair it with something starchy that absorbs the flavour. It would also be good to pair the soup with a light dish such as a side salad. Other ways to eat the red lentil soup. I LOVE the leftovers of the red lentil soup.
Vegan coconut lentil soup instructions
- Chop onion, mince garlic, and peel and chop ginger..
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to large sauce pan on med heat. Add chopped onions and cook til translucent (about 6-8 min)..
- Add garlic and ginger, stirring often (about 4-5 min)..
- Add both curry powders and stir until begins to stick to bottom (about 1 min)..
- Add coconut milk, shredded coconut, red lentils, 1 tbsp salt and 5 cups of water. Break up spices by stirring often. Bring water to boil water and then reduce heat to simmer and cook til soup starts to thicken (about 20-25 min)..
- While soup is simmering, squeeze thawed spinach to release excess water. Chop spinach finely on cutting board..
- Towards end of simmering (about 5 min left), add crushed tomatoes and chopped spinach. Season to taste w/ sea salt and serve with 1 scoop of non-dairy yogurt..
The soup will thicken the next day. I reheated leftover soup and poured it over cooked bulgur like a sauce. The bulgur tasted amazing with a side of baked salmon. You can swap the salmon for any protein you prefer, such as tofu, chickpeas, or chicken. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-low heat.