Coconut Pecan Candy or Frosting. This frosting is great on many cakes, not the least of which is German Chocolate Cake. Coconut Pecan Frosting (aka German Chocolate Cake Frosting) is super easy to make! My husband requests German chocolate cake every year for his birthday.
Our Coconut-Pecan Frosting Recipe is the perfect German chocolate cake icing. Thick, nutty, and delicious, we dare say this icing might be the very best reason This coconut-pecan icing begins with toasted pecans. While you're waiting patiently for the pecans, it's a cinch to concoct the base of your. You can have Coconut Pecan Candy or Frosting using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Pecan Candy or Frosting
- You need of For Candy:.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of corn syrup.
- It’s 1 stick of real butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded coconut.
- You need 1-2 cups of pecans. Put as little or many as you like.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need of Notes:.
- You need of You can drop like a cookie or pour into pan and cut into squares.
Today I am sharing how to make a coconut and pecan frosting to go on top of a German chocolate cake. This is very simple to make and uses. A sweet, caramely mix of coconut and pecans that can make you forget there's a whole dessert underneath it. ADD YOUR REVIEW. sounds good I'm going to do that what you said is to make the frosting along with the cake as it is cooking also i like to toast the pecans the day before because the flavor is better thank u for good tip.
Coconut Pecan Candy or Frosting step by step
- Line a baking sheet or pan with wax or parchment paper. Set aside..
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, mix sugar, evaporated milk, corn syrup and butter..
- On medium high heat, stir until mixture comes to a rolling boil..
- Without stirring, let mixture boil 5 minutes or to 235 on a thermometer. Soft ball stage..
- After time is up, remove from heat and add vanilla..
- Stir then add coconut and pecans..
- Stir off heat about 5 minutes until mixture starts to thicken some..
- Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper lined baking sheets. Or you can pour mixture into pan and cut..
- When completely cool, store in layers with wax paper between to keep from sticking..
- If using for frosting, let cool stirring occasionally until it thickens and is spreadable. Put in between layers of cake or frost 9×13 cake..
Layers of fluffy chocolate cake and creamy coconut-pecan frosting come together in a towering, triple-decker German chocolate cake no one will be able to resist. This coconut-pecan frosting is made like no other frosting. It's cooked over the stove and lands somewhere between a thick custard and curd. Evaporated milk, egg yolks, brown sugar, and butter are whisked in a saucepan over medium-high heat until thick. Something tasty to eat when your mom leaves your home alone and refuses to let you hang out with her friends (a good way to sorrow in the fact you have no life).