Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup. If you like my Thai Curry Vegetable Soup, you're going to love this one as well. It has a similar flavor profile, but a little sweeter (naturally), a little lighter, and You only need a few ingredients to make this light and satisfying Thai Coconut Curry Carrot Soup. It's a creamy, a little sweet, a little spicy, and a.
Outside of this curried carrot soup. There's a nice challenge in staring into a less than sufficiently stocked refrigerator Last night we were down to not much more than carrots Thus Thus: them, an onion, grated ginger, a sort of curry mix. There was stock in the freezer, a can of coconut milk. You can cook Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup
- You need 3 ounces of oil.
- Prepare 1 of each Vidalia onion-small dice.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic- chopped fine.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of ginger- chopped fine.
- It’s 3 pounds of small carrots- small dice (chopping up small in a food processor works well).
- You need 2 ounces of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock.
- You need 1 can (14 ounces) of coconut milk.
- You need 1-2 tablespoon of Thai Red Curry Paste (Warning some are spicier than others:).
- You need 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare of (this needs salt, sweet and spice so each varies to taste).
Wish I'd had cilantro, but hey, it worked. This healthy carrot coconut soup is super creamy, flavorful, and easy to make! Lemongrass, ginger, and red curry paste make it light and refreshing. Refreshing, creamy & bright, it's wonderful warm or cold.
Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup instructions
- In a pot add the oil and sweat the onions in the stock pot for 5-10 minutes covered Med heat until translucent.
- Add the, chopped garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and dust with all the flour, stirring in for 1 minute..
- Add the chicken stock in pot and bring to a simmer for about 20 minutes. (Check to make sure the carrots are tender).
- When the carrots are tender the soup should be carefully purred in a blender or food processor. This should be done in small batches and covered with a towel as not to spray hot soup all over you..
- Return to the sauce pan and add 1 can of coconut milk and red curry paste and bring to a light simmer..
- Adjust the seasoning with red curry paste, salt and brown sugar..
- Basil,cilantro, scallions or bacon bits are all tasty things to add as a garnish..
Turn the heat off and remove the pot from the hot stove top to facilitate cooling (to another area on the stove is fine). Add the coconut milk and stir to combine. Wow now this is a must try. Enjoy 😉 You're interested in learning more about Young living essential oils for cooking or otherwise. Curried Coconut-Carrot Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.