Coconut Cream Pie. Check Out Coconut Creme Pies On eBay. Check Our Step-By-Step Guide To Bake Up A Sweet Treat For Your Loved Ones. If you're searching for a perfect coconut cream pie recipe, end your search with this one!
My family (& especially my dad!) just love it. I used whole milk and the filling is so creamy – really delish! Coconut-cream pie, a spin-off of custard-cream pie, is a traditional Southern favorite that has moved far beyond the lower regions of the country to more widespread appreciation. You can cook Coconut Cream Pie using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Cream Pie
- You need 1 of Baked pie crust.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 2 cups of whole milk.
- You need 4 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sweetened flake coconut.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 cups of Heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
This recipe is Martha's version of the classic dessert. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, flour and salt. Stir in milk; cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. In small bowl, beat half-and-half and egg yolks with whisk.
Coconut Cream Pie instructions
- Bake your favorite pie crust according to directions. Set aside and cool..
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in sauce pan. Whisk egg yolks and whole milk in bowl. Whisk into sugar and cornstarch mixture in saucepan over medium heat. Continue whisking until creamy..
- Remove custard from heat. Add butter, coconut, and vanilla. Stir until all is incorporated. Place plastic wrap directly over custard in pan to prevent air. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes..
- Spoon custard into baked pie crust. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks. Add sugar towards end of whipping. Pipe or spoon cream over the top of the custard. Garnish with toasted coconut. Enjoy..
Gradually add egg mixture to sugar mixture; heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. This coconut cream pie recipe features a thick and creamy coconut filling, crispy homemade pie crust, mounds of sweet whipped cream, and toasted coconut. Blind bake the pie crust first, then chill the pie filling until thick and lush. You either love it or hate it. Considering my adoration for coconut cake, you know I fall in the first category.