Sponge cake with pandan coconut pastry cream (Fuji mountain sponge cake). Learn how to make a steamed sponge cake with pandan coconut pastry cream aka Bánh bông lan Phú Sĩ (Mount Fuji sponge cake). ♥Công thức tiếng Việt. Watch my video how to make Mount Fuji sponge cake on the Van's Kitchen Youtube Blog in Vietnamese: Video cách làm bánh bông lan Phú Sĩ. Judging by the name of this cake, you might think it came from Japan.
Steamed sponge cake with pandan coconut pastry cream (Mount Fuji sponge cake)Van's Kitchen. This Pandan Sponge Cake is made with fresh pandan juice, no artificial colour or flavour are added. It has a nice natural pandan fragrant and the texture is This recipe uses separated-egg method, thus the sponge cake is fluffier and more spongy. You can have Sponge cake with pandan coconut pastry cream (Fuji mountain sponge cake) using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sponge cake with pandan coconut pastry cream (Fuji mountain sponge cake)
- Prepare of A, Sponge cake (Lined bottom only for Spring form 22cm-25cm).
- It’s 5 of egg yolks (65g *5).
- Prepare 62 g of all purpose flour, sifted.
- Prepare 62 g of corn starch, sifted.
- Prepare 62 g of oil (coconut oil is the best).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 38 g of Coconut milk.
- You need 38 g of pandan juice (take 30g of pandan leaves, add some water and squeeze).
- Prepare 5 of egg white.
- Prepare 90 g of sugar.
- You need 1 g of cream of tarta (COT).
- It’s of B, Pandan coconut pastry cream.
- It’s 1 of egg (60g).
- It’s 40 g of powder sugar.
- It’s 30 g of tapioca starch, sifted.
- You need 100 ml of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 150 ml of pandan juice (take 100g of fresh pandan leaves, add some water and squeeze).
- You need 20 g of unsalted butter.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need 100 g of fresh finely shredded coconut.
Some might call it chiffon cake, but I would say it is a. The cake is bouncy like a sponge, with the soft and delicate texture resemble cotton when you tear it apart. I also add the cake batter to the dough of the chocolate Japanese milk bread. Here is the result- my delectable bread-cake that I missed so much after the nearby bakery decided to stop producing it.
Sponge cake with pandan coconut pastry cream (Fuji mountain sponge cake) instructions
- Preheat the oven at 150oC..
- For the cake: Mix flour with corn starch, add baking powder and sifted. (1).
- Mix coconut milk with pandan juice. Add egg (one by one). Mix well. Add (1) until combined..
- Beat egg white with cream of tartar until foamy then gradually add sugar to beat until firm peak form..
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk batter and using the hand whisk to mix until combined. Pour this mixture to the meringue again and whisk quickly. At last, using a spatula to fold up the batter until no more yolk batter can be seen..
- Pour into the pan. Bake at 140oC in 50 minutes. Turn on the oven at 150oC at 10 last minutes. The cake is done when testing with toothpaste comes out clean..
- Remove the cake with the pan from oven and drop them to the table top from a height of about 8 cm. This is to prevent the cake from excessive shrinkage during cooling. Run a spatula round the edge of the warm cake to dislodge it from the mould. Allow the cake to cool down completely..
- For the cream: Whisk the egg with sugar until dissolved. Mix well with the pandan juice and coconut milk. Add sifted tapioca starch. Mix until smooth. Sifted once again..
- Pour the mixture into heavy saucepan set on medium heat. Keep stirring so it doesn’t curdle and scorch on the bottom. Stir until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil, turn off the heat. Then stir in the butter, mixing until the butter is completely blended in and the pastry cream becomes smooth. Cool and spread the mixture on the layered cake..
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut..
- Chill and serve..
If you want a sponge cake not using water bath method, smooth top, minimal shrinkage and light, this is the recipe. I still prefer to use earlier basic plain sponge cake recipe but this time made into pandan flavours which using homegrown pandan leaves, so natural green and aromatic! A wide variety of sponge cake with options are available to you, such as cream, chocolate, and cheese. Pandan chiffon cake is like a dream cake due to its fluffiness, softness and moistness. The fragrance of the cake comes from the extract of pandan leaves which is also known as screw pine leaves.