Miso Cod. Bring the sake and mirin to a boil. Marinated in saikyo miso and baked to perfection, Black Cod with Miso is a beautiful seafood dish you can pull off at home. With its delicate and buttery texture, the Miso Cod simply melts in your mouth.
Black Cod with Miso is a signature dish at Nobu. This streamlined recipe delivers a sweet glaze on silky, luxurious fish without the two-to-three-day. Marinated in saikyo miso and baked to perfection, Black Cod with Miso is a beautiful seafood dish you can pull off at home. You can cook Miso Cod using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Miso Cod
- It’s 100 grams of Saikyo Miso.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of mirin.
- It’s of some salt.
- Prepare 200 grams of cod.
Miso Black Cod – delicious, moist, and tender black cod marinated with Japanese miso. Japanese food is so refined, elegant, and beautiful, just like this baked miso-marinated black cod. Miso cod is a delicate, buttery dish served at many Japanese restaurants. With a little preparation, you can easily recreate this classic Japanese dish for your next weeknight dinner.
Miso Cod step by step
- Mix miso, soy, mirin and sugar..
- Salt cod and wait 15 mins.
- Wipe cod to get rid of the moisture.
- In a tapper wear, marinate cod. You may cover cod in a cheese cloth, so you don’t need to wipe off the paste 3 days later..
- Wait three days.
- Grill the cod. You can spread some mirin onto the fish to get a better glaze..
This miso cod from Nobu, made by marinating cod in miso, mirin, and sugar, is seared and then baked for a rich dinner that appeals even to non fish eaters. I made this miso black cod tonight. One word of advice – if roasting, be sure to broil I love miso cod!!! There's a restaurant in the next town over from where we live that serves the best. Grab the recipe for this Miso Marinated Black Cod!