Umeshu (Japanese Plum Wine).
You can have Umeshu (Japanese Plum Wine) using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Umeshu (Japanese Plum Wine)
- You need 500 g of Japanese green ume plums (You can buy from Mitsuwa and Nijiya, Marukai if you are in the United States. Only available for a short window in the early Summer.).
- It’s 500 g of Rock sugar.
- It’s 1000 g of White liqueur (Best to use 24%~35% liqueur).
Umeshu (Japanese Plum Wine) step by step
- Wash and sterilize your jar with boiled water, and dry off the jar..
- Wash the plums and remove the stems. The stems are small and deep, so use a toothpick..
- Dry off the plums and leave it on clean cloth for a half day..
- Put a layer of ume plums in the jar, then a layer of rock sugar. Repeat until all the sugar and plums are used up, and pour the white liqueur into the jar until it just covers the topmost layer of plums..
- Put the lid on the jar securely and store the plums in cool, dark place. Shake the jar everyday until rock sugar dissolves..
- After 6 months, the Umeshu is ready to drink. Enjoy!.