Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy. Brads Shrimp And Cod Po Boy – Easy Recipe Ideas "easy recipe ideas for dinner With of recipes for lunches and light meals, there's no reason to be bored. This Irresistible Shrimp Po'Boy has crispy cajun fried shrimp piled on a french baguette and topped with a creole inspired creamy remoulade sauce! This Authentic New Orleans Shrimp Po' Boy with Creole Remoulade Sauce will knock your socks off!
But you don't have to go all the way to the Big Easy to get a taste of this iconic sandwich. This shrimp po boy recipe is made a little healthier with lightly breaded, pan fried shrimp and and topped with homemade cajun remoulade sauce. I'm going to be completely honest here, the first time I ever had a shrimp po boy was when I started developing this recipe. You can cook Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy
- Prepare 1/2 lb of cod fillets, cut into 1 inch wide strips.
- It’s of Italian bread crumbs.
- It’s of panko.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
- It’s 1/2 lb of small uncooked shrimp.
- You need 1/2 tbs of oil.
- Prepare 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper.
- You need of oil for frying.
- It’s 2 of hoagie rolls.
- It’s of for the toppings.
- You need of tartar sauce.
- Prepare of sliced havarti cheese.
- Prepare of sliced provalone cheese.
- You need of spring lettuce mix.
- Prepare of sliced sweet onion.
- It’s of sliced tomato.
- You need of fresh cilantro.
Classic Louisiana Po Boy Sandwich with fried shrimp, shredded lettuce, tomato and homemade remoulade sauce. But the bread is the real star in a po boy. Do your utmost to find really good bread, with a crackling crust and soft interior. Ideally you would use a French sandwich loaf, like a baguette.
Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy instructions
- Heat oil for frying in a LG fry pan. Heat 1/2 tbs oil in a small frying pan..
- Add shrimp, garlic, salt, and pepper to the small pan. Sauté for three minutes or until done..
- Place bread crumbs, panko, and beaten egg in separate bowls. When oil is heated, dip cod in bread crumbs, then egg then panko. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels..
- Preheat oven to 350. Slice hoagie rolls. Add cheese on them. Place shrimp on top of cheese. Bake rolls in oven until cheese melts..
- Remove to a plate. Add tartar sauce, lettuce, tomato, and onion. Top with fish fillets. Garnish with cilantro. Serve and enjoy..
A po' boy (also po-boy, po boy) is a traditional sandwich from Louisiana. It almost always consists of meat, which is usually roast beef or fried seafood, often shrimp, crawfish, fish, oysters or crab. The meat is served on New Orleans French bread, known for its crisp crust and fluffy center. Shrimp po' boy sandwich- Crispy, crunchy shrimp piled mile high on a buttered toasted french roll, stuffed with crunchy cabbage, fresh tomatoes – drizzled with a lip smacking remoulade sauce. Shrimp po' boys are by far the most quintessential sandwiches in New Orleans cuisine.