Buttered Garlic Cod Filets. Place the cod filets in the dish, then coat them on all sides with the remaining garlic butter mixture. Slice half a lemon and add the slices to the baking dish. Cut the rest of the lemon into wedges to serve with the finished fish.
Enjoy the fish with a side of mashed potatoes. Cod in a Wine Sauce is another easy way to prepare cod. G arlic Butter Cod with Lemon Asparagus Skillet – Healthy, tasty, simple and quick to cook, this cod and asparagus skillet recipe will have you enjoy a delicious and nutritious dinner. You can have Buttered Garlic Cod Filets using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttered Garlic Cod Filets
- Prepare 2-2 oz of filets of cod (frozen or fresh).
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Basil Flakes (optional).
Cod fillets are pan-seared to flaky perfection and tossed in a delicious lemon garlic butter sauce with asparagus. This is one seriously good fish dinner idea. Whip up this quick and delicious fish recipe tonight! For the Garlic Butter: In a small bowl, stir together the softened butter, parsley, minced garlic, minced onion, Dijon mustard, flour, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Buttered Garlic Cod Filets step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, prepare tin foil or baking sheet with Pam or other non stick product.
- With thawed cod filets, gently spread 1/2 tbsp of butter on each filet (4 oz filet spread whole tablespoon).
- Coat the top of the filet that already has been buttered with garlic powder, or do to taste. (If youre a big garlic person feel free to use more).
- Sprinkle ground black pepper on filet.
- Sprinkle basil flakes on to filets.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
For the Cod: Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Click for a cast iron skillet. Dip the cod in melted butter, then dredge it in the cheese mixture, pressing it onto the fish. Drizzle any extra butter over the fish. Squeeze lemon juice over the baked cod.