Piquillo peppers stuffed with cod. Piquillo peppers stuffed with cod and mushrooms. pimientos del piquillo rellenos de bacalao, stuffed red peppers with cod cream sauce, spanish cuisine. A delicious Spanish recipe for piquillo peppers filled with salted cod and a creamy sauce. These stuffed peppers can also be fried for finger food.
Salt cod (bacalao/bacalhau and various other names) is cod that has been dried and preserved in salt, probably one of the oldest ways of preserving fish. Denominación del alimento: Pimientos del piquillo rellenos de bacalao y gambas. Piquillo peppers stuffed with salt-cod confit. You can cook Piquillo peppers stuffed with cod using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Piquillo peppers stuffed with cod
- It’s 12 of piquillo peppers.
- You need 400 grams of of fresh cod.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped parsley.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of of garlic.
- You need 1 liter of milk.
- You need 80 grams of of butter.
- You need 80 grams of flour.
- Prepare 1 of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 liter of of tomato sauce.
- You need 100 ml of cream.
- Prepare 100 ml of of white wine.
Peppers del Piquillo stuffed with meat or fish. Stuffed piquillo peppers in earthenware casserole on white background. Salt cod is one of the staples of the entire Iberian Peninsula but also fondly appreciated in France and Italy. Brandade du Morue is salt cod blended with On a trip to San Francisco I visited Iluna Basque to sample their tapas and tasted these piquillo peppers stuffed with brandade and quickly figured I.
Piquillo peppers stuffed with cod step by step
- Prepare the cod. If it's salty, desalt cod overnight, taking care to renew the water frequently. Once you have removed the maximum amount of salt is introduced into hot water for 3 minutes, pull it and remove skin and bones. If it's not salty, just pull it into small pieces..
- Prepare stuffing. Clean and chop the onions and garlic. Put some oil in a pan. Fry the onions and garlic over low heat until onion is transparent. Add the cod and stir..
- Sprinkle with flour, stirring constantly. Add the milk little by little and stir to a smooth paste. Season with a little nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring, until sauce thickens. Leave it to cool as it's easier to handle..
- Filling. Fill the peppers and close with a toothpick. Reserve the peppers that have been broken, or are useless to fill. Place the peppers in an oven tray to warm in the oven later..
- Prepare the sauce Put the remaining peppers in a bowl with tomato sauce, cream, white wine and mix in a blender..
- Bake Cover the piquillo peppers with the sauce and put the train in preheated oven at 100 ° C for 5 minutes, taking care that they don't get too dry..
- Presentation In the serving dish, place the peppers fan-shaped and add some sauce to the center of the plate, accompanied by a slightly fruity white wine..
Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Stuffed Piquillo Peppers Cod. Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä. Its name is derived from the Spanish for "little beak". Due to their quality they are perfect for any occasion. Sweet and smoky piquillo peppers are light and simple appetizers when stuffed with goat cheese, scallions, and refreshing mint.