Cod and Tomato Chowder. A chunky cod and tomato chowder is a great lunch option if you are watching your weight. Gordon Ramsay's recipe is packed full of flavour. The chowder is a perfect lunch option if you're watching your weight but dont' want to have hunger pains and cravings all afternoon.
Add the tomato and parsley, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir. To serve, pour the chowder into a serving bowl and top with the bacon. Add the tomatoes to the pan and pour in the stock. You can have Cod and Tomato Chowder using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cod and Tomato Chowder
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of celery sticks, trimmed and roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 medium of onions, peeled and roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 large of carrots, peeled and roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 large of waxy potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of yellow pepper, roughly chopped.
- You need 2 of thyme sprigs.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 400 grams of tinned choped tomatoes.
- It’s 900 ml of fish or chicken stock.
- You need 150 grams of green beans, cut short.
- It’s 2 of courgettes, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 dash of tobasco sauce (optional).
- You need 600 grams of cod fillets, skinned and deboned.
- You need 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped.
Cod and tomato chowder from Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite: Recipes from the F Word by Gordon Ramsay. An Eat Your Books index lists the main ingredients and does not include 'store-cupboard ingredients' (salt, pepper, oil, flour, etc.) – unless called for in significant quantity. This milk-based corn chowder combines the sweet taste of corn with fresh fish for a meal that will warm you up any time of year. Made with fresh sweet corn and sustainable cod, this cod and corn chowder is warming, flavorful, hearty, and good till the last spoonful.
Cod and Tomato Chowder instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pan. Add three onions, celery and some draining and cook, stirring, over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes to soften. Add the carrots, potatoes, yellow pepper and herbs and saute for 5 minutes until the vegetables are lightly golden..
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and pour in the stock. Cover and simmer for about 7-9 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Now tip in the green beans and courgettes, give the mixture a stir and simmer for another 3 minutes. Check the seasoning, adding a few dashes of Tabasco or chilli if you want spice..
- Lightly season the cod fillets and lay them on the vegetables in the pan. Cover the pan again and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the fish is opaque and just cooked through. Gently break the fish into large flakes and serve..
Creamy Shrimp and Tomato Chowder. by TasteTester. You may find it's an easier way to enjoy the flavors of a fish chowder. The recipe comes from the collaboration of Washington's own Six O'Clock Scramble founder, Aviva Goldfarb, and the American Diabetes Association; sample the cookbook's meal planner and grocery list via a free two-week trial at. So this recipe has been a long time in the making. Three months is a long time for me and don't ask why it took so long to share.