Baked chicken with apricot jam, sage, and lemon zest. Add the sage and oil and toss. Grate the lemon zest from the lemon then squeeze Brush the sticky jam all over the chicken then place them in a baking dish, leaving plenty of breathing room. Add the sage and a tablespoon of the oil and toss well.
Worcestershire sauce. apricot preserves. chicken drumsticks. Where's the full recipe – why can I only see the ingredients? Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. You can cook Baked chicken with apricot jam, sage, and lemon zest using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked chicken with apricot jam, sage, and lemon zest
- You need 1 of 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces, patted dry with paper towels.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of coarse kosher salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Freshly grated ground black pepper.
- Prepare 5 of sprigs fresh sage.
- It’s 3 tbsp of extra virgin oil.
- It’s 1 of lemon, zested and juiced.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of apricot jam, large chunks cut up.
- It’s 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 large of clove garlic, minced.
An Eat Your Books index lists the main ingredients and does not include 'store-cupboard ingredients' (salt. and lemon zest). The full cookbook interweaves sexy anecdotes with more chicken recipes — roast chicken with brandy-vanilla butter, chicken with horseradish and herbs, roasted chicken thighs with apples. Lemon and Apricot Chicken recipe: Dr Jonny: I have no idea why chicken and apricots go together so well, but they are clearly a match made in taste-combo heaven. Sticky Baked Chicken with Apricot, Sage and Lemon Zest.
Baked chicken with apricot jam, sage, and lemon zest step by step
- Massage the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Add sage and olive oil and mix well. Let marinate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Add zest and juice to a small bowl and mix with jam, worcestershire sauce, and garlic.
- Pluck out the sage from the chicken and rub jam mixture all over chicken. Lay them in a 9X13 baking dish, leaving plenty of breathing room between each piece. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until skin is golden and juices run clear.
Sometimes the lemons and chicken produce a lot of juices, in which case you can make a delicious pan sauce. Transfer the chicken (keeping the herbs and Apricot-and-Herb-Stuffed Leg of Lamb. Rolling the lamb around the filling means you get some of those bright flavors in just about every bite. Quick and easy baked chicken recipe with only four ingredients. In this video, we'll show you how to bake a batch of chicken thighs covered with a fruity and creamy sauce made out of apricot preserves, French dressing and dry onion soup mix.