Cod Fish. Spanish Style. Spanish Style Cod with Tomato Saffron BrothThe Gourmet Gourmand. When stirring the shallot and broth mixtures, be careful not to break up the fish. Look for wild Atlantic cod from Iceland, Maine, or the Arctic to ensure a sustainable choice.
Jumbo shrimp may be added at the same time as the fish for an even more delicious and impressive meal. Pour in the tomatoes and wine. Cook for a few minutes to reduce the liquid. You can cook Cod Fish. Spanish Style using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cod Fish. Spanish Style
- It’s 15 oz of cod fish.
- Prepare 8-9 oz of diced tomatoes (½ can).
- You need 1/2 of red onion.
- You need 1/2 of carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 of bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- You need to taste of Parsley.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Dried basil.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper.
Add the spices, seasoning and fish stock, and then the potatoes. Discard thyme sprigs from tomato broth. Plate fish by spooning a generous amount of broth into individual bowls. Top with fish, two slices of baguette and parsley and serve immediately.
Cod Fish. Spanish Style instructions
- Clean fish fillet from skin and bones. Chop it.
- Peel an onion and slice it. Peel and grind garlic clove.
- Heat the pan, add olive oil. Add onion and fry until it becomes soft. Add garlic and fry for 1 more minutes..
- Peel and shred carrot, clean and slice bell pepper into thin strips.
- Add carrot and pepper in the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes (constantly stir the veggies).
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Move veggies to the sides of the pan and place fish in the middle. Put a lid on and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes. During this time pour veggies juice/sauce on top of the fish two times.
- Mince parsley and season the dish.
Our menu for lent or Easter includes a Spanish Style Cod dish which is inspired in a family favorite: Bacalao a la Vizcaína a traditional spaniard dish. Quick, easy, and absolutely delicious fish stew! Fresh fish fillets cooked in a stew with onions, garlic, parsley, tomato. For thousands of years, humans have Eat delicious foods in Spanish-speaking countries. Coastal food everywhere is the bomb, but English: Cod.