Pecan crusted cod with a buerre blanc sauce. Note: Beurre blanc is an emulsified sauce made by first reducing wine, vinegar, and shallots in a saucepan until nearly dry, and then whisking in cubes of cold butter. If it does, your emulsion has broken. Here is one of my "go-to" fish recipes.
Try it with swordfish, snapper, flounder or any fish with a relatively high fat content, as lean fish are more prone to dry out when baked. This elegant combination of a basic white fish like cod with a simple butter-based sauce is a starting point for any number of variations. View top rated Beurre blanc sauce shrimp recipes with ratings and reviews. You can have Pecan crusted cod with a buerre blanc sauce using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pecan crusted cod with a buerre blanc sauce
- Prepare of Pecan Crust.
- Prepare 1 cup of pecans, roasted.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s of Fish.
- Prepare 2 of cod fillets (6oz).
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need of Buerre Blanc.
- You need 2 of shallots, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 5 tbsp of unsalted butter, cold, cubed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
Place shallot, bay leaf, peppercorns, vinegar, and wine in a saucepan. Pavés de saumon et sauce Beurre Blanc. Sauce au beurre citronné (pour poisson). Queue de lotte au beurre blanc.
Pecan crusted cod with a buerre blanc sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 400'F..
- In a food processor, combine the pecans and bread crumbs then puree..
- Season fish. Heat oil in pan..
- Add fish to pan and sear for 2 minutes..
- Flip fish then add pecan crust mixture on top of fish. Then place pan in oven..
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until fish is cooked and crust is golden brown..
- In a small sauce pot, combine the shallots, garlic, and wine together. Bring up to a boil and reduce to a simmer..
- Reduce the wine by half. Then whisk in the butter one cube at a time. Then season. Should be a nice and thick sauce..
- Serve on top of burre blanc sauce..
This is "Baked Cod with Beurre Blanc Sauce" by WILLIAMS PHOTO AGENCY on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them. Pecan-crusted Gulf Fish of the Day with Rum Beurre Blanc. Baked Halibut crusted with a lemon Romano cheese breadcrumb mixture is absolutely delicious! You'll love serving this restaurant style meal in your own Halibut is one of my favorite fish and my light and flavorful bread crumb topping is a delicious and easy way to prepare it. Roast Rock Cod with Fennel and Beurre Blanc.