Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy). Mexican Coffee Bun is a bun stuffed with butter and has a very crispy coffee pastry topping. It is made popular by this Malaysian bakery called Rotiboy and now this bun is commonly known as "Rotiboy" in Malaysia and throughout Asia. This coffee bun is also a very popular snack in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and even Korea.
These fluffy, buttery buns are topped with a coffee scented cookie crust, and they became wildly popular in Southeast Asia. "Rotiboy. G. these buns are SO delicious you've got to try them! These fluffy, buttery buns are topped with a coffee scented cookie crust, and because they're so ridiculously tasty they became wildly popular in Southeast Asia. You can have Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy) using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy)
- You need of A. Tangzhong method(*).
- It’s 25 g of bread flour.
- You need 25 g of boiling water.
- It’s of B. 250g bread flour.
- It’s of Above tangzhong.
- It’s 5 g of instant yeast.
- It’s 50 g of sugar.
- Prepare 2 g of salt.
- You need 15 g of unsalted butter(soft).
- It’s 1 of egg (50g).
- It’s 80 g of water.
- It’s C. of Filling.
- You need 120 g of cold unsalted butter(divided in to 8 pcs : 15g*8).
- You need of D. Topping.
- Prepare 80 g of bread flour, sifted.
- You need 80 g of melted butter(unsalted butter).
- It’s 40 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg (50g).
- You need 30 g of instant coffee mixed with 30g hot water.
Mexican coffee bun is a sweet bun that filled with butter and covered with crusty coffee on top. Many people might think that this bun is originally from Mexico because of its name. Ready mexican coffee buns Try my lil hack! I have been there, trying to make these buns and ended up with a very sticky crust after it cools down.
Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy) instructions
- A. Tangzhong method: Mix flour with boiling water. Cool, cover and chill at least 4h until 24h in the fridge. (*).
- Let the tangzhong dough (*) at room temperature about 30’ to 60’ (depends on weather). Place all (B)ingredients in bowl of standing mixer except butter and knead until it comes together, then add butter, knead until elastic. Cover and let it rise double in size..
- Divided into 8 equal portions. Rest 10 minutes. Put cold butter in the middle of the buns. Cover and let them double in size..
- Make topping: Mix well coffee with melted butter, icing sugar and eggs. Add flour and mix until smooth. Cover and chill in the fridge for later use..
- Preheat the oven at 190oC..
- Once the buns are risen until doubled in size, pipe a spiral onto the buns, covering them as close to the outside edge as possible..
- Bake 15-18 mins until the bottoms are browned and the top has darkened slightly..
- Now it’s done!.
- Love it! ❤️❤️❤️.
- Fresh day!.
- Note: if you have a sourdough starter, using 100g active starter and no need to use commercial yeast. It takes 4h (28oC) to let it double in size. Other steps will be the same. Or you can use 50g unfed starter (discard) and need 5g of instant dry yeast..
Mexican Coffee Bun is a bun stuffed with butter and has a very crispy coffee pastry topping. It is made popular by this Malaysian bakery called Rotiboy and now this bun is commonly known as "Rotiboy" in Malaysia and throughout Asia. These buns are to die for. Their signature product is the Rotiboy bun which is a sweet Mexican butter bun baked with a crisp, coffee-flavored topping. Rotiboy got so popular that they were able to aggressively.