Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes. These cupcakes are coconut-themed, that's for sure! We've used this tropical fruit as coconut sugar, coconut flour, flakes, oil, and coconut milk. The coffee gives a nice boost, resulting in a more chocolate-flavored cake rather than a coffee-flavored cake.
Delicate coconut cupcakes topped with vanilla cream cheese frosting and sweetened shredded coconut. I talk quite often about how picky I am Not all coconut cupcakes have great coconut flavor, so to make sure these ones do, I use both coconut cream and shredded coconut in the batter. Most coconut cupcakes are often a bit too dense and flavorless in my opinion, often presenting bland cake with a avalanche of coconut plopped on top. You can cook Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes
- Prepare of Cupcakes.
- You need 110 grams of sugar.
- It’s 110 grams of margarine.
- It’s 110 grams of Self Rasing Flour.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Coffee.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of water.
- You need of Desiccated Coconut.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of topping.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You need 200 grams of Icing sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of coffee.
- You need 4 tsp of water.
Tired of coconut cupcake posers, I decided to develop a recipe that would rally in the flavor of coconut in a cupcake. This one uses coconut milk in. These cupcakes are a coconut lover's dream. There are layers upon layers of coconut flavor built on top of one another.
Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°F.
- In a bowl, cream margarine and sugar..
- Add the vanilla and eggs, stir being careful not to curdle the marg..
- Fold in the flour. This is your cake mixture..
- In a cup add the coffee to the water, stirring until disolved. Stir this into the cake mixture making a coffee cake mixture. Add milk here if mixture is too thick..
- Divide between either 12 cupcake case or 6 muffin cases. Sprinkle the coconut ontop of the mixture in the cases- DO NOT MIX- this is soo the coconut is toasted in the oven, adding to the flavour..
- Bake for 15 minutes (cupcakes, muffins will take longer) Remove from oven and completely cool before placing icing ontop.
- TO MAKE THE TOPPING- in a bowl add the butter, and cream into the icing sugar. You are not making butter cream! Not all the icing sugar will blend.
- In a cup add the coffee to the water, stir untill disolved. Add to the icing sugar and butter. Keep stirring until the icing is of a proffered thickness – the thicker it is the quicker it will set- this is what the butter is for, it allows you to have a basic icing with some structure..
- Ice your cupcakes..
The cupcakes themselves have both ground sweetened coconut and coconut milk in them, and they would be actually be perfect as-is with a dollop of whipped cream on top. Enjoy your favorite Door County Coffee all week long! My daughter, Elizabeth, came up with this incredible recipe. Coconut Cupcakes start with a sweet and buttery white cake batter. The creaming method is used, which means you beat the butter with the sugar, followed by adding the eggs, flour, and milk.