Coffee Creme Anglaise. With a kick from instant espresso powder and crushed chocolate-covered espresso beans, this version goes well with chocolate desserts. If you perfume the custard with vanilla extract instead of coffee, you'll have a lightened version of a classic creme anglaise–a delightful sauce for poached pears or just about any fruit. Coffee Creme Anglaise This is a variation of the wonderful vanilla dessert custard sauce Creame Anglaise with the addition of coffee.
Heat milk and coffee granules in a small heavy saucepan over low heat until steaming. Gradually add to the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Note: This recipe has been adapted from "The New Making of a Cook," by Madeleine Kamman. You can cook Coffee Creme Anglaise using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coffee Creme Anglaise
- You need 6 large of egg yolks.
- It’s 1/2 cup of strong coffee.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of Godiva dark chocolate liqueur, optional.
Learn how to cook great Coffee creme anglaise. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Coffee creme anglaise recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Coffee creme anglaise recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. This is an ultra easy recipe to make with a thermo-machine.
Coffee Creme Anglaise step by step
- Whisk sugar and egg yolks in a medium bowl until light colored about 3 minutes..
- In a medium saucepan heat coffee, cream ,sugar and chocolate liqueur ( if using ) until.bubbles just start to form on edges of pan..
- Whisking at all times add a small stream of the cream mixture into the egg yolks until combined.
- Return liquid to saucepan, and cook, stirring with a rubber spatula continuously reaching all corners of pan until sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon and reaches 170 on a instant read thermometer, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain into a clean dish, stir in vanilla. Cool uncovered in refrigerator until cold then cover. Serve cold.. This sauce keeps about 5 days in refrigerator. Use on cakes and brownies, it goes with chocolate extremely well. Drizzle on tarts and pies. Also wonderful on coffee cakes!.
It is delicious and goes so well with any cake, biscuit or just by itself. Add corn flour if you prefer a thicker custard. If you're a coffee lover and it's time for dessert try my Caramel Macchiato Bread Pudding! The Kahlua creme Anglaise is the perfect compliment to this coffee lovers dream dessert! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.