Greek Apricot Jam Tart (Pasta Flora). Place the tart pan onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Fill the tart crust with the preserves. Pasta Flora is easy to make as evidenced by the photo of a tart made by a team of young cooks (preschool and elementary schoolers).
When rolling your dough snakes, work at a brisk pace and I recommend you use a bit of flour to roll with. Jam choice is completely up to you. The most well-known pasta flora filling to me is apricot jam with it's gorgeous sunshiny orange glow and pictured. You can have Greek Apricot Jam Tart (Pasta Flora) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek Apricot Jam Tart (Pasta Flora)
- You need 3 cups of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 250 grams of Apricot Jam.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 250 grams of Butter at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 of Egg and 1 extra Egg White.
- You need 1 shot of Cognac.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- You need 1 of Lemon zest.
Looking for a traditional Greek jam tart recipe? Let it cool down for a while before serving, so that the jam thickens. Pasta Flora is a delicious recipe which you will love to serve to your friends and family. This is something which I tried on my last weekend party and it was a great hit.
Greek Apricot Jam Tart (Pasta Flora) instructions
- In a large bow add flour and sugar combine dry ingredients..
- Add in the baking powder, egg, butter and lemon zest..
- Continue by adding the shot of Cognac..
- Mix all the ingredients by hand until it becomes a fluffy dough. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour..
- Once the dough has cooled, separate about 100 grams of the dough to make the dough stripes that will be layered. Roll out the rest of the dough and place it into the tart pan so this becomes a tart shell..
- We usually make our own Jam but since Apricots are not in season, we found ready made apricot jam in the super market today. You can use any fruit jam you enjoy eating. Spread jam nicely in shell..
- Roll out the remaining dough into flat stripes, or you can make ropes by rolling the small pieces of dough with your hands. (These should be approximately about 1/2 finger’s width) Start layering strips on top of the jam. With the extra egg white brush lightly over stripes to get that golden brown color. 🙂 Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees and bake for 1 hour. Kali Orexi!!! 🙂.
So, why dont you try the same and share your experience with us! Apricot jam tart or Greek pasta flora is ideal for breakfast or with your afternoon coffee or tea. Its buttery and crumbly dough that melts in your mouth makes a perfect pair with the sweetness of the jam on top of it. Using a measuring cup dusted with flour, press the dough on the bottom of tart pan to flatten while pushing the sides of the dough into Make ahead freezer tip: Chill the uncooked tart crust in the freezer until the dough is firm. Lattice-work topping makes Pasta Flora look like it takes a lot of effort.