Wild Goose Breast Au Poivre. Steak au poivre is also known as pepper steak, although the English moniker lends itself to confusion because there's a Chinese takeout dish also called For the pictures, we decided to use a wild goose steak, the breast from a specklebelly goose, which, with the possible exception of elk backstrap, is. Classic Steak au Poivre Yep, this is that French version of pepper steak we all know and love. Great with venison backstrap, or, as in the case of this photo, duck or goose breast.
Recipe: Sous-Vide a Wild Goose Breast. Sous-vide cooking is a lot easier than it sounds. The technique creates an evenly cooked, tender, and juicy piece. You can have Wild Goose Breast Au Poivre using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wild Goose Breast Au Poivre
- It’s 2 of wild goose breast.
- It’s 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cognac or brandy.
- It’s 1 tbsp of green peppercorns in brine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy (30%) cream.
- Prepare pinch of sea salt.
- You need of freshly ground pepper.
An environmental problem solved when you cook up some wild Canadian Geese breast on the grill. Wild goose breasts are baked with a zesty orange glaze. Reviews for: Photos of Wild Goose Breasts with Orange Glaze. How to make Steak Au Poivre with Sherry Mushroom Cream Sauce – prep & cook time, serving size, nutritional info, ingredients.
Wild Goose Breast Au Poivre step by step
- Bring meat to room temperature before preparation. Pat dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper and coat with a bit of oil, rubbing with your hands..
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat, melt the butter and oil. As they begin bubbling, place the meat in the pan and sear both sides then bring to medium rare (about 135F)..
- Remove breasts, tent with foil and set aside to rest while you complete the sauce..
- Take the skillet off the heat and add the cognac. Ignite the alcohol and shake the pan until the flames die.
- Return to medium heat and add the cream and green peppercorns..
- Bring gently to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the sauce thickens..
- Slice 3/8" thick, across the grain. Serve drenched with au poivre sauce. Plates very well with winter vegetables like acorn squash and braised kale..
Steak Au Poivre with Sherry Mushroom Cream Sauce. Australian Gourmet Traveller recipe for roast goose breast by Jeremy Strode. Watch Jitterbug demonstrate the technique, put together a Chairman Goose Marinade for tenderizing and flavor, and grill it As told by Jitterbug, our resident hunter/fisherman from the BBQ Pit Boys founding chapter at "the Mother Pit". The Best Goose Breast Recipes on Yummly Instant Pot Wild Goose Breast, Rosemary Mushroom Goose Breast, Grilled Marinated Goose Breast.