Steak Diane. Steak Diane is a dish of a pan-fried beefsteak with a sauce made from the seasoned pan juices, generally prepared in restaurants tableside, and sometimes flambéed. I hope you enjoy this easy Steak Diane recipe! Try this classic recipe for Steak Diane! "Diane" refers to the pan sauce made with mustard, Worcestershire Steak Diane is traditionally made with a thinly pounded steak, and a cognac, butter.
Gordon Ramsay makes delicious beef steak for the main course, which is called Diane steak. When I want to provide a memorable dinner but don't want to spend hours in the kitchen, this is the recipe I rely on. I've used it many times on holidays or other occasions for a quick. You can have Steak Diane using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steak Diane
- Prepare 2 lb of Steak.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cognac or Brandy.
- You need 1/4 cup of Shallots (minced).
- It’s 1/2 cup of freshly chopped parsley.
- You need 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1/4 cup of Madeira.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper to taste (optional).
One of my favorite classic dinner recipes is Steak Diane. This restaurant-style dish is easy to make and would make a delicious dish for your next date night. See more ideas about Steak diane, Recipes, Steak diane recipe. Steak Diane – a classic retro dish made with NY cut steak, cream, brandy and Worcestershire sauce.
Steak Diane step by step
- Cut meat into 3/4" thick.
- Heat butter and oil in a skillet and Brown meat quickly on both sides.
- Smear brandy/cognac over meat and ignite.
- Let flames burn out and transfer to a platter.
- Pour all but 2 tablespoons of butter and oil.
- Lower heat and add shallots, parsley, and mushrooms…sautè till mushrooms are tender.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and Madeira.
- Bring to a boil, place beef slices back in the pan, and simmer for 2-3 minutes to heat through.
- Arrange steaks on a platter and spoon sauce over the top.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (optional).
Tried this recipe because Steak Diane is served at our favorite restaurant. This was very good, but it I think Steak Diane could be prepared much better than this recipe calls for. Steak Diane is beef tenderloin, mushrooms and shallots in a sauce made with seasoned pan juices Steak Diane is one of my absolute favorite steak recipes. I usually wait for tenderloin to go on sale. Sprinkle the steaks on both sides with the salt and pepper.