wild mushroom soup. Find Deals on Wild Mushroom Soup in Groceries on Amazon. Line a sieve with a dampened paper towel or coffee filter. Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat.
Wild mushroom soup is a savory starter that can be made up to a day in advance. Any combination of mushrooms will work well in this recipe. Serve with thin toasted baguette slices lightly brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with salt as a nice dipper for the soup. You can have wild mushroom soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of wild mushroom soup
- It’s 1/2 oz of dried porcini mushrooms (about 2/3 cup).
- It’s 6 slice of bacon.
- Prepare 3 of leeks ( white & green parts only),sliced & rinsed.
- You need 2 tsp of 2 salt & 2 pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of mixed mushrooms like shiitake, cremini, or portobello, cleaned trimmed and sliced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of madeira or cognac.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/2 cup of creme fraiche, plus more for serving.
- Prepare 3 tsp of of flat-leaf parsley.
- It’s 3 tsp of thyme whole.
For a light meal, all you need is some crusty French bread and a garden salad to go with this. Melt the butter in a small Dutch oven over medium heat. We're making mushroom soup with fresh wild mushrooms, leeks, garlic, fresh herbs, wine, sherry, and oh yes… real cream. Using fresh mushrooms and herbs, and a splash of sherry creates a mushroom soup that is hard to resist.
wild mushroom soup instructions
- Bring 1 cup water to a small saucepan and add the dried porcini. Set aside to soften, about 20 minutes. scoop up the mushrooms, squeezing out the liquid and chop long ways, reserve in a small bowl.
- Ladle 2/3 cup of the soaking liquid into a measuring cup, taking care to leave any grit at the bottom of the saucepan.
- Line a plate with paper towels, cook the Bacon in a soup pot over medium heat until crispy, transfer Bacon to the plate and add butter,leeks and 1-1/2 teaspoon salt to the drippings in the pot and cook stirring occasionally.
- When leeks are soft (about 10 minutes ) add the fresh and reserved soaked mushrooms 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and another 1-1/2 teaspoon of salt. Increase heat to high and cook (stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are wilted (about 5 minutes.
- Add the Madeira or Cognac and cook uncovered until the mixture is almost dry, add 6 cups of water and the reserved mushroom soaking liquid and bring to a simmer.
- tie parsley, thyme. and bay leaf together toss in pot, cover & reduce heat simmer until mushrooms are tender (about 30 minutes ).
- Scoop out about 2 cups of the mushrooms with a slotted spoon &puree in blender with 1cup of the broth & the creme fraiche until very smooth. Stir the puree unto the soup, taste to see if salt or pepper is needed, remove the herb bundle. top with a teaspoon of creme fraiche over each serving and crumble some bacon on top..
The key is to select a mix of wild mushrooms like: portobello, shiitake, oyster, and. sauté the garnish mushrooms and hazelnuts in butter while the soup is simmering. Place in a saucepan and using a hand. Add the broth, scraping up any browned bits in the pot with a wooden spoon. Use a combination of wild and button mushrooms if desired. For vegan, substitute butter for olive oil, vegetable broth for chicken broth, and omit cream.