Sig's Bread and Mushroom soup. Sig's Bread and Mushroom soup Just love mushroom soup and had some bread that needed using. Bread when pureed is a good thickening agent. The soup will be very thick, but if you prefer a thinner soup, just add some more milk.
I will definitely have to make this soup again though, next time I will use dill. Some of my favorite bread spreads to pair with the homemade cream of mushroom soup are this Camembert Spread, the Hungarian Dip with Feta or the Polish Cottage Cheese Spread with Radishes. Or you could try the Mozzarella and Garlic Pull-Apart Bread Rolls or the Baked Bread Rolls with Ham and Cheese , my kids just love them. You can cook Sig's Bread and Mushroom soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's Bread and Mushroom soup
- Prepare 40 grams of unsalted butter ,melted.
- Prepare 500 head of Portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 large of Spanish onion, peeled and chopped very finely.
- Prepare 150 ml of 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 150 ml of water or 1/2 cup.
- Prepare 4 of to 5 slices of soft white bread, broken into small bits.
- It’s 1 of or 2 good pinches of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 of or 2 pinches of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh chopped coriander or parsley for garnish ( if using dried parsley only use half the amount compared to the fresh as dried herbs are stronger in flavour).
- Prepare 150 ml of heavy or double cream ( optional ).
- It’s 3/4 tbsp of cognac or brandy ( optional).
Bread when pureed is a good thickening agent. In mixing machine,add dissolve yeast mixture,salt,olive oil and mix well. Gradually add all-purpose flour and knead well. Add dried oregano and knead until dough is formed.
Sig's Bread and Mushroom soup instructions
- Gently heat the butter in a pan, sauté the onions and the mushrooms in this until they are soft but not browned.
- Add the torn or shredded white bread and the milk and water , leave to soak in for about ten minutes..
- Puree all ingredients except the double cream and brandy if using in the soup and return to heat , do not boil , add more milk or water if you want it thinner.
- Add the parsley, you can use dried (but only use half the amount ) and cream if using and season with salt and the pepper.
- Add the cognac if using stir into soup Serve..
New That can of cream of mushroom soup in your pantry is so much more than it appears. It's been a staple in casseroles, sauces, and soups for decades for a reason—the smooth, creamy ingredient is a flavor-packed powerhouse. Whether you're making an easy weeknight dinner (we love this Chicken Tetrazzini) or a holiday side dish (you can't go wrong with a classic Green Bean Casserole), these. Overall the flavours were very nice with the extra tweaking the addition of the Parmeson on top was very nice too. Make your homemade healthy mushroom soup, packed with great benefits, and ditch canned soups loaded with sodium, preservatives and other unnecessary ingredients.