Sig's Rich Fruit Sauce with Prawns and Halloumi. Halloumi is a sturdy enough beast to withstand being cooked over coals. We recommend threading the cheese onto skewers, as it has a tendency to stick. Cook the prawns, watermelon and halloumi separately on the hot barbecue or using a hot griddle pan.
Salad with poultry, vegetables and grated cheese on a white plate black and white background. Fruit avocado salad with pomegranate , orange. Rich and chewy halloumi, sweet and fresh watermelon, crunchy pumpkin seeds and a tangy, flavorful and slightly spicy sauce. You can cook Sig's Rich Fruit Sauce with Prawns and Halloumi using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's Rich Fruit Sauce with Prawns and Halloumi
- It’s 8 slice of of thin cut Halloumi (Greek frying/grilling cheese).
- It’s 16 large of ready cooked prawns.
- It’s 400 grams of blackberries.
- It’s 2 large of tablespoons runny honey.
- You need 1 tbsp of cognac or brandy.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Port.
- Prepare 1 of tablespoon cornflour.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 tablespoons water.
If I wasn't such a humble guy, I A simple vegan option would be to replace the halloumi with marinated tofu. Just make sure to squeeze out the liquid before marinating it, so it. Place prawns in a bowl and add combined ingredients (A). Just before deep-frying toss the prawns in corn flour.
Sig's Rich Fruit Sauce with Prawns and Halloumi step by step
- Put your cognac, port and honey into a small saucepan. Mix the honey with the alcohol stirring it until they have infused over heat..
- Add 200 grams of the berries and gently simmer until they pop and release their juice..
- Take the mixture of the heat and cool slightly. With a blender mix until smooth.
- With a fine sieve separate the seeds from the juice. I use the handle of a wooden spoon to stir the juice gently through the sieve. It will be thicker then just normal juice and smooth.Discard the seeds , return juice back to the pot.
- Reheat gently .Mix the cornflour with the water, add to the juice until it slightly thickens to a sauce . Take of heat . Add the rest of the berries and leave to cool..
- This mixture can be used for savouries and puddings alike. It keeps 2-3 days in fridge ..
- Heat frying pan and fry the halloumi from both sides to brown, it should not be rubbery when cooked..
- Arrange cheese as served here Iwith lettuce , prawns and the sauce. I had this as a light lunch but it could equally serve as a starter..
Heat wok with sesame oil, sauté garlic and ginger until aromatic. Add ingredients (B), dragon fruit and spring onion. Halloumi is the king of cheeses. It's soft, it's salty, it's gooey, it's crispy, it's stringy… all at the same time. A local halloumi manufacturer cooked some for me once and just as he finished cooking it, he drizzled it with a drop or two of caramelized balsamic vinegar.