Traditional karidopita. A mouthwatering Greek walnut cake recipe (karidopita), scented with the aromas and blends of cinnamon and Find out how to make the perfect walnut cake with this traditional Greek recipe. ^ "Greek Walnut Cake Recipe – (Karidopita) – Recipe for Greek Walnut Cake – Karidopita (Karithopita)". greekfood.about.com. Here's a fantastic recipe on how to make Greek karidopita. This Greek walnut cake recipe is absolutely delicious and very easy The scrumptious syrup is a perfect balance to this traditional Greek dessert.
Karidopita is a gorgoeus and tempting dessert. Learn how to make/prepare Karidopita by following How to make Karidopita: Sift flour and baking powder. Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric. You can have Traditional karidopita using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Traditional karidopita
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of coarsely ground walnuts.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground clove.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of dried bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 5 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 3 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cognac.
- Prepare of For the syrup.
- You need 3 cups of sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
This traditional mouthwatering walnut cake is so fluffy and extra syrupy, scented with cinnamon and clove aromas! Try it out and be amazed by the unique texture and rich flavor. Karidopita Recipe: A Delicious Traditional Greek Walnut Pie. mygreekfoodrecipes.com. This karidopita recipe is a moist cake flavored with cinnamon and bathed in sweet syrup.
Traditional karidopita instructions
- Beat the butter..
- Add the sugar and the eggs..
- Pour in the milk,.
- Then the walnuts tossed with the cinnamon and the cloves..
- Add the baking soda dissolved in the cognac..
- Combine the flour with the dried bread crumbs and the baking powder. Add them to the mixture stirring lightly..
- Butter the baking tray and dust lightly with flour..
- Bake for 1 hour in a hot oven at first and then turn down the heat..
- Boil the syrup for 5 minutes..
- Pour it over the hot karidopita..
Karidopita is a traditional Greek walnut cake drenched in a lush lemon syrup. This simple recipe by Flavours & Flair also features a crunchy walnut brittle on top, which looks great and tastes even better! Download Karidopita stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Be the first to review this recipe. This recipe was from my Yia Yia (Grandmother in Greek).