Kalitsounia with yeast. Kalitsounia (or Lichnarakia) are traditionally made with the fresh soft variety of myzithra cheese (not the salty type), but if you can't find it, try them with some Italian mascarpone or ricotta. Great recipe for Kalitsounia with spinach and mizithra. Traditional recipe from Chania for (savoury) kalitsounia.
Kalitsounia pies are most commonly eaten at Easter, however, you will still find them throughout the year on the island in all different shapes. The pastry is carefully handmade and shaped into tiny cups. Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Cretan Pies Kalitsounia Cheese Herbs Sesame. You can have Kalitsounia with yeast using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kalitsounia with yeast
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- You need 1/2 cup of cognac.
- You need 1 of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 70 g of fresh yeast.
- You need of about 1 kg flour.
- You need of For the filling.
- It’s 1/2 kg of mizithra.
- It’s 1 of bit of sugar.
- It’s of For the top.
- It’s of egg.
- You need of sesame seeds.
Addicted to these #Kalitsounia from our local bakery – crumbling sweet pastry filled with sweet cheese & dusted with cinnamon. kalitsounia – greek traditional sweet cheese pastry #kalitsounia http. Kalitsounia are small traditional pies, stuffed with sweeten myzithra Cheese and drizzled with honey. (If you can't find myzithra cheese, ricotta or mascarpone works just as well). Add yeast mix, stir with a spoon and then start kneading. Jump to navigation Jump to search.
Kalitsounia with yeast instructions
- Dissolve the yeast in the water..
- Beat the butter with the oil in a bowl, add sugar, milk, eggs, cognac, vanilla and the dissolved yeast. In the end add the flour after mixing the baking powder in it..
- Let the dough rise for 2-3 hours..
- Take small pieces of the dough, roll it out, place a bit of mizithra and seal it forming a small ball..
- Place them in the baking tray and after the tray is full brush the tops with the egg and sprinkle sesame seeds on top..
- Bake at 200 degrees..
Kalitsounia ( Greek : καλιτσούνια ) are small cheese or herb pies associated with the Greek island of Crete. 🎦 Kalitsounia. Kalitsounia (Greek: καλιτσούνια) are small cheese or herb pies associated with the Greek island of Crete. Kalitsounia are small cheese or herb pies associated with the Greek island of Crete. For faster navigation, this Iframe is preloading the Wikiwand page for Kalitsounia. On the Greek island of Crete, kalitsounia (sweet cheese pastries) are an Easter tradition.