Eggnog for Two (or Three). Great recipe for Eggnog for Two (or Three). Sometimes I just want to make a small batch of eggnog for two or three people, but all the recipes I found make seem to make gallons! Use this recipe when it's just you and a guest or two.
Time to loosen that waistband a notch or two, folks, because eggnog season is here. Of course, our local bartenders know how to do it up right. Even if you don't like the idea of egg in your drink, we have a couple egg-free options. You can cook Eggnog for Two (or Three) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggnog for Two (or Three)
- Prepare 2 of Fresh eggs – separate the whites and yolks so you have 2 whites and 2 yolks.
- It’s 240 ml of Whole milk (1 cup).
- It’s 120 ml of Heavy cream (1/2 cup – sub milk for lighter version).
- It’s 4 tbsp of Sugar, more to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need 3 Tbsp of Bourbon or rum (i love cointreau too!).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ground cloves (optional).
- Prepare Dash of Cinnamon.
Rye Jon Gasparini of Rye has concocted a doozy of an eggnog, which. Eggnog definition is – a drink consisting of eggs beaten with sugar, milk or cream, and often alcoholic liquor. Typically, the coolest part of your fridge is near the back. Eggnog / ˈ ɛ ɡ ˌ n ɒ ɡ /, egg nog or egg-nog, historically also known (when alcoholic beverages are added) as milk punch or egg milk punch, is a rich, chilled, sweetened, dairy-based beverage.
Eggnog for Two (or Three) instructions
- Separate the egg whites and yolks into two separate large bowls..
- With a whisk or mixer, beat the egg yolks until they start to lighten in color. Then, gradually add 3 Tbsp of sugar, mixing it in until it dissolves..
- Add the milk, cream, bourbon (and Cointreau if using) and nutmeg and stir to combine. I prefer mine less sweet so taste and add more sugar if you like. Set aside..
- In the other bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy and "soft peaks" form (that means the little peaks that form when beating start to form, but will still melt back into the mixture)..
- Gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form (= the egg white peaks will stand up on their own without melting back into the mix)..
- Fold the egg whites into the rest of eggnog. Serve into cups and dust with cinnamon and more nutmeg to taste..
It is traditionally made with milk, cream, sugar, whipped egg whites, and egg yolks (which gives it a frothy texture, and its name). In some contexts, distilled spirits such as brandy, rum, whisky. Land O' Lakes Fat Free Half and Half. It looks and tastes like half and half, but it's made mostly of skim milk (and a little carrageenan for body) instead of half cream and half whole milk. Choose a gold or aged rum instead as the other two styles are either too light or too spicy for a good eggnog.