For Sophisticated Palates! Chocolate Tankan Mandarin Orange Peel. Great recipe for For Sophisticated Palates! I had some organic tankan mandarin that I received from a friend in Yakushima. At first, I made marmalade with it, but I didn't want to waste any part of this delicious fruit.
Palate: Orange marmalade with spicy cinnamon, baked apple, chocolate, licorice, lemon curd and candy. Finish: long with sweet marmalade the dominating impression Provenance. Comment: Delightfully gentle whisky with well-rounded mouth feel and subtlty that is. You can cook For Sophisticated Palates! Chocolate Tankan Mandarin Orange Peel using 3 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of For Sophisticated Palates! Chocolate Tankan Mandarin Orange Peel
- It’s 4 of mandarin oranges' worth Tankan mandarin orange peels.
- You need 1 of Cointreau.
- Prepare 1 of Whatever chocolate you like.
As many would know, mandarin oranges are high in Vitamin C and A. But do you know that its peels are also nutritious too? SEARCH.. mandarin oranges, semi sweet chocolate chips, sea salt. This is just like the rosemary salt from back in March, but with mandarin peel.
For Sophisticated Palates! Chocolate Tankan Mandarin Orange Peel step by step
- Cut the tankan into sixths and eat the fruit. Then take the peels and soak in water. You can also drain them and then store in the freezer..
- Dip the peels 3 times into the boiling water. Then put them into cold water to soak while skimming off any scum. You can decrease the number of times you dip it and the amount of time you soak it, but it will be more bitter, so adjust to your liking..
- With a spoon, remove the fibers and pith..
- Cut the peels into a desired width. It's easier to cut if you use a pizza cutter. After cutting, soak in water until soft and wash them..
- Combine the peels and sugar into a pot. Heat up on low heat and add in just enough water to cover the peels. Boil for 20 minutes..
- When most of the water has evaporated, be careful not to burn it. Pour in the desired amount of Cointreau and cook it till the alcohol evaporates..
- Arrange the peels so they aren't too heavy in one spot on top of paper towels or a colander or sieve. Sprinkle sugar on top (not listed in ingredients) and let them dry for 1 day..
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave and then dip the peels in it. Return them to the paper towels and once the chocolate hardens they are done!.
- These were easier to make than I thought. The deliciousness of these will leave you quite satisfied. I just can't think of throwing away these peels when they turn out so yummy like this. Tankan peels are the best..
- Using spray-type Cointreau Cuisine right before dipping in the chocolate gives them a nice aroma..
Once totally dry, transfer to a mason jar and store in a cool space indefinitely. You now have a supply of lovely sparkly candy to add to baked goods, snack on or to give as a gift. Or go next level and dip your candied peel in melted chocolate! Candied mandarin orange peel is a perfect condiment to go along with your afternoon tea, as an attractive garnish for your desserts and really addictive on its own. They make cute little gifts too – put them into small mason jars, tied with a ribbon each and voila, your friends would love you for this!