Honey Cake with Walnuts & dry Apricots. Honey cake is a simple and fast recipe. Delicious honey cake without rolling the skin. This light and fluffy marvel all but melts in your mouth.
Unmold and let cool completely on a wire rack. To make the icing, combine the powdered sugar with the milk and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Drizzle over the top of the cake. You can have Honey Cake with Walnuts & dry Apricots using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Honey Cake with Walnuts & dry Apricots
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 200 grams of sour cream.
- It’s 200 grams of soft butter.
- It’s 1 cup of honey.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 packages of vanilla sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- You need 1 cup of walnuts.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry apricots.
- It’s 1/2 cup of raisin.
- It’s 12 tbsp of flour.
Top with walnut halves and let dry. While they are still warm rub the nuts in a towel to remove the excess skin and place them in a small bowl. Toss the walnuts and cinnamon in a bowl and grate the zest of the orange over them. To serve, set the cake on a baking sheet, brush the top with a little melted butter.
Honey Cake with Walnuts & dry Apricots step by step
- preheat oven to 350°F with baking pan inside.
- Mix together butter, sour cream, honey, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla sugar, eggs.
- Mix in baking soda with vinegar and pour it in a batter mixture..
- Cut walnuts and dry apricots into small pieces and add everything to the batter mixture.
- Add 12 tbsp of flour with mountain to the mixture. The batter should be thicklike consistency..
- When the batter is ready and oven is preheated, remove baking pan from the oven and apply butter with butter spray all over the pan..
- Then pure batter mixture in the pan and put it in the oven on 40-45 min or untill the top is golden and toothpick inserted in the cake is clean.
This honey cake is so soft and fantastic. The honey baked into the cake layers pairs perfectly with the simple sour cream frosting. Beautiful and everyone was so impressed! Before decorating with the crumbs, it just didn't look like enough so I added more walnuts … ended up with leftovers … so will. Tips for this Pear & Walnut Cake with Honey Buttercream: If you're going to do the poached pears as garnish, do them a day in advance.