Egg and Dairy-Free Chocolate Shortcake with Strawberries. These chocolate strawberry shortcakes are a great treat to serve to guests. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen. To assemble, split shortcakes in half. Place cake bottoms on dessert plates.
Spoon some of the strawberries with their juice onto each shortcake bottom. Top with a generous dollop of whipped cream and then the shortcake top. This easy Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake recipe is easy enough to make with your children that follow a gluten-free diet. You can cook Egg and Dairy-Free Chocolate Shortcake with Strawberries using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egg and Dairy-Free Chocolate Shortcake with Strawberries
- You need 130 grams of ☆ Cake flour.
- You need 10 grams of ☆ Cocoa powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of ☆ Baking powder.
- It’s 1 dash of ☆ Salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ○ Canola oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of ○ Marmalade.
- You need 1 tbsp of ○ Maple syrup.
- It’s 150 ml of ○ Soy milk.
- It’s 1 dash of ○ Vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 block of ※ Firm tofu.
- You need 2 tbsp of ※ Marmalade.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ※ Maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ※ Canola oil.
- It’s 1 of ※ Liqueur (rum, Cointreau, or your choice of liqueur).
- You need 1 dash of ※ Lemon juice.
- You need 1 dash of ※ Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of Strawberries.
- You need 2 tbsp of ◎ Jam (your choice).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ◎ Water.
Determined to join me in my culinary adventures, he decided to make gluten free strawberry shortcake from scratch (as in using no cookbook or recipe). The very best chocolate cake (the second) that just so happens to be vegan. This recipe is eggless and dairy-free, making it a great recipe pantry staple. On this channel, you'll find a collection of my favorite desserts and meals, as well as interviews with foodies I.
Egg and Dairy-Free Chocolate Shortcake with Strawberries instructions
- Thoroughly combine the ☆ ingredients and sift together. Preset the oven to 170℃ for 40 minutes..
- Briefly boil the tofu, then drain (for about 15-30 minutes)..
- To prepare the cake batter: Combine the ○ ingredients and whisk until evenly combined..
- Add to the ☆ ingredients and briskly stir until no longer floury (do not knead)..
- Bake for 35 minutes at 170℃ in a pound cake mold (lined with parchment paper)..
- To prepare the tofu cream: Incorporate the tofu from Step 2 with the remaining ※ ingredients and use a blender or food processor to combine..
- It's done once it's smooth. Adjust the sweetness to taste. Chill in the refrigerator, if possible..
- To prepare the syrup: Combine the ◎ ingredients in a bowl and mix well..
- Once the batter from Step 5 is finished baking, transfer to a cake rack to cool. Once it has cooled down, slice in half to make two layers..
- Brush the syrup onto the outer crust (the hardened portions) of the cake to soften..
- Decorate with the tofu cream and strawberries..
- Chill in the refrigerator to slightly stiffen the cream..
Learn how to make strawberry shortcake from scratch with Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake filled with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped I've had an idea for this Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake recipe for several years now. What would happen if you added cocoa powder and. This strawberry shortcake recipe is dairy-free, egg-free, and vegan! Perfect for summer parties, but easy enough to make for a weekday dessert. Nothing says summer quite like the taste of an old-fashioned strawberry shortcake.