Pear and Cocoa Blancmange-style Okara Cake. No-Mixer Okara Chocolate Cake: Step-by-Step Photos · Recipe. If you make your own homemade And I must say this okara chocolate cake is perhaps the best way – the cake is moist, soft, light Be sure to use a really good quality dark chocolate and cocoa powder (I swear by Valrhona) to intensify. This Pear & Walnut Cake with Honey Buttercream is incredibly moist and packed with flavour.
Place a puff pastry on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Blancmange is a very simple dessert made with milk or cream, cornstarch, eggs and sugar usually set in a mold and served cold. Observation: Blancmanges of all kinds, after heing turned into cups, should be allowed to stand long enough to become thoroughly chilled and set. You can have Pear and Cocoa Blancmange-style Okara Cake using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pear and Cocoa Blancmange-style Okara Cake
- Prepare 200 grams of undrained; 100 grams after draining for 3+ hours Drained whole milk plain yogurt.
- You need 90 ml of Pear syrup.
- It’s 15 grams of Condensed milk.
- You need 30 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 100 grams of Fresh okara.
- You need 15 grams of Almond flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cointreau or other fragrant liqueur or brandy.
- Prepare 100 grams of Pear compote -or canned pears.
- It’s 25 grams of ＊Cake flour.
- You need 12 grams of ＊Pure cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ＊Baking powder.
This elegant dessert features layers of cake, vanilla pudding, and fresh fruit. I left out the lemon and cinammon as I wanted a plain vanilla blancmange to serve with other accoutrements. This recipe contains way too much sugar, it's far too sweet. The outcome was really super since the cake was very soft, spongy and moist.
Pear and Cocoa Blancmange-style Okara Cake instructions
- Drain the pears well in a sieve or colander. Slice half the pears into 5 mm wedges (about 10 slices), and cut the rest up into 1 cm or smaller dice. Sift the ＊ ingredients twice..
- Put all the ingredients except for the pears and the＊ dry ingredients in a bowl in the order listed, and mix well with a whisk between additions..
- Add the ＊ dry ingredient, and mix with a rubber spatula until smooth. Add the diced pears. Rest the batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 355°F/180°C..
- Take the batter out of the refrigerator and mix lightly. Pour into a parchment paper lined cake mold..
- Layer the sliced pears on top and put into the oven immediately (before the pear slices sink) and bake for 40 to 45 minutes..
- Take the cake out of the mold and cool on a rack. Chill in the refrigerator to firm up the cake..
- In half a day or overnight, the cake will set. Slice to serve..
- Variation: I added all the pears to the batter. This was easy and delicious..
Coffee and cocoa blended very well in cake and you can experience while having it. Chocolate Pear Cake a moist easy to make Cake Recipe. Chocolate Cake topped with sliced pears and sprinkled with chocolate chips. We used to have a pear tree and then we didn't. If I remember correctly the poor thing got hit by lightening.