Orange cookies. Browse For Yummy & Hassle-Free Cookie Recipes From Kraft®. Find Deals on Orange Cookies in Groceries on Amazon. Packed with citrusy orange peel and orange juice, these fresh orange cookies are the real deal.
Orange Cookies; Recipe of the Day Glazed Orange Spice Cookies. These sweet almond cookies are spiced with nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves and topped with a sweet orange. These orange cookies are perfect for Christmas, I made them along with some gingersnaps and everyone loved them! You can cook Orange cookies using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Orange cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of oil.
- It’s 1 cup of orange juice.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda dissolved in the juice.
- It’s 10 g of baking powder mixed in the flour.
- It’s of zest of one orange.
- You need 1 1/2-2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 of little brandy or cointreau.
- It’s of all purpose flour, as much as it takes.
- Prepare of sesame seeds.
The only thing I changed was using half lemon/half orange juice for the icing and maybe another half tablespoon of orange zest in the cookie dough- that definitely made them citrusy enough. The highlight of these cookies is most definitely the orange zest. It takes the "standard" buttery crumbly cookie deliciousness and infuses it with an orange juice vibe. And that's a very vibrant happy-go-lucky vibe you most certainly want in your cookies.
Orange cookies step by step
- Place all the ingredients except the flour and the sesame seeds in a bowl..
- Gradually add as much flour as it takes in order to have a soft dough..
- Knead and set aside the dough for 10 minutes to rest..
- Form cookies or use cookie cutters or a glass to cut biscuits out of the dough..
- Place them on a baking sheet brushed with oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds..
- Bake at 180°C to 200°C until golden brown..
- If you like add some sesame seeds to the dough..
Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make the Sweet Orange Glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar, orange zest, and enough orange juice to achieve the desired consistency (less juice for a thicker glaze, more for a thinner one). Store at room temperature in an airtight container (divide layers with wax paper so the cookies. With a sharp knife, score each orange into quarters; remove peel. Use knife to remove white pith from peel and fruit; discard.