Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes. Cabbage and collard greens are fried with plenty of smoky bacon, seasoned with greens seasoning, and simmered until meltingly tender. Stir in the chopped collard greens, sprinkle with salt, black.. Greens, Mustard Greens, & Collard Greens, & Cabbage with Smoked Turkey Legs, in the Slow Следующее.
Here's all you need to know about green potatoes and whether When you reach into a sack of potatoes only to find they've started turning green, you're faced with the conundrum of whether to throw them away or not. A member of the cabbage family, collards are potent cancer fighters like their kin. Cook until potatoes are soft on the inside and crispy and browned on the outside and collards are wilted. You can cook Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes
- It’s 3 strips of Bacon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Diced Onions.
- Prepare 2 of Russet Potatoes cut into 1/2in cubes, unpeeled.
- It’s 3 cups of Collard Greens, chopped into small pieces.
- Prepare 2 cups of grated or chopped Red Cabbage.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red Wine Vinegar.
- It’s Pinch of Sugar.
- It’s of Garlic Salt.
- Prepare of Ground Black Pepper.
Add collard greens and cabbage, and toss to coat. Collard Greens can be a little tricky. If you don't wash them correctly, they can have sand hidden in them. There is nothing more awful than taking a bite of collards and Southern Crockpot Green Beans and Potatoes.
Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes instructions
- Fry 3 strips of bacon in a large pan. When done remove to drain on paper towels..
- Add diced onions to the large pan, season with garlic salt and black pepper. Fry diced onions in the leftover bacon grease, until translucent.
- Add diced potatoes to the onions and season with garlic salt and black pepper. Fry until lightly crispy..
- Stir collard greens, red cabbage and red wine vinegar into the potatoes and onions. Season with garlic salt and black pepper. Cover with a lid. Cook until cabbage is tender (about 7 mins) uncovering and stirring often. Then remove from heat..
- Chop the three bacon strips into small crumbles. Stir into the the pan and serve hot..
In a large skillet, melt butter, then add onions and crushed red pepper flakes, saute. Once onions are tender, add collard greens and chicken stock to the pan. Colloquy on collard greens Botanical name: Brassica oleracea. Collard greens are a staple in Black cooking that goes back centuries. During slavery, ingredients for meals were slim.