When You're Sick Soup. And when you're sick, eating the right foods is more important than ever. Certain foods have powerful properties that can support your body while it's fighting an illness. I don't know what happened – woke up feeling SUPER Nauseous, like the kind where if you stand up you just feel sick as a dog.
Chicken noodle soup: Simmer chunks of chicken in chicken broth, add some veggies like carrots and peas, and then add chunky noodles and cook until the veggies and noodles are soft. We're in prime cold and flu season, and with it comes the need to keep plenty of feel-better soups in your recipe arsenal. Being sick never tasted so good. You can have When You're Sick Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of When You're Sick Soup
- You need 3 of large yellow onions chopped.
- It’s 1/2 bag of shredded and cleaned collard greens.
- It’s 1 bunch of celery chopped.
- It’s 6-8 of red potatoes chopped.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro chopped.
- Prepare 1 bunch of green onions chopped.
- It’s 2 cartons of chicken stock.
- You need 1 of small bag of frozen corn.
- You need 3 of chicken breast.
- You need 1 of ring of smoked sausage (optional).
- Prepare 1 of small carton heavy cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped garlic.
Few foods are as comforting as eating soup when you're recovering from a cold. When you're sick, you hear it over and over: "Get plenty of fluids." Clear soups and broths give you calories when you may not have much of an appetite. Some research shows they may help relieve inflammation in the body, which can relieve some of your symptoms. Soup, Tea, and Other Nourishing Recipes to Help You Feel Well.
When You're Sick Soup instructions
- Put onions, garlic, and meat in stock pot with a little olive oil and brown.
- Add chicken stock and rest of vegetable ingredients and bring to boil.
- Turn to simmer and add cream stirring occasionally until potatoes are done. About 20 minutes roughly. We dont like mushy greens so 20 minutes is perfect for us..
- Enjoy with a cup of hot tea and get feeling better quick..
- (you can add any frozen vegetables you like to this soup. Stay away from citrus due to the cream).
All the recipes we reach for when we're feeling down or under the weather. Hold onto your mugs: These recipes for brothy soups, cleansing teas, zingy veg-packed juices, and more nourishing dishes are practically made for the days. When you're sick, your immune system will likely receive "support" to fight the cold from standard over-the-counter cold medicines. However, in some instances, the nutrients from chicken noodle soup can aid with that support system. Studies have shown that a hearty bowl of chicken soup may help you to.