Tangy Apricot Parfaits. Ingredients Apricot Puree (Apricots, Water, Ascorbic Acid), Sugar, Apple Cider Vinegar, White Vinegar, Jalapeno Peppers, Salt, Garlic Powder, Chipotle Peppers, Pectin. Whats a better way to hop into the warm season than to pick the newest variety fruit at the market to use as a base for a delicious balanced jam? You can use either the shortbread cookies or replace them with chocolate wafer type cookies and use strawberry or raspberry preserves instead of the apricot.
Beat together butter, apricot jam, grated lemon peel, and lemon juice. Apricot yogurt, my favorite French yogurt, was the inspiration for these parfaits. The presentation transforms the mixture of apricots and plain yogurt into a beautiful dessert. You can have Tangy Apricot Parfaits using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tangy Apricot Parfaits
- Prepare 1 box of Angel food cake mix.
- It’s 3/4 cup of coarsely crushed Wheaties or Total cereal (about 1 1/2 cups uncrushed).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 8 oz of dried apricots, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar substitute, such as splenda (can also use reg sugar).
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin.
- You need 1/2 cup of cold water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 16 oz of Cool whip.
For a stovetop supper that's guaranteed to please, try this pork chop specialty. Apricot preserves jazz it up without much effort.—Phyllis Flint, San Antonio, Texas. Fish fillets, yogurt, plain, apricot preserves (jam), lemon juice. Arrange fish in baking casserole that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Tangy Apricot Parfaits instructions
- Mix cake mix according to box directions, except stir in crushed cereal & cinnamon. Bake & cool according to package directions. Freeze half for future use. Cut other half into 3/4 inch cubes..
- Heat apricots, sugar substitute, & 2 cups water to boiling in 2 qt saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Simm er uncovered until apricots are tender, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly..
- Pour apricot mixture into blender container. Cover & blend on medium speed, stopping blender frequently to scrape sides, until smooth, about 2 minutes..
- Sprinkle gelatin on 1/2 cup cold water in the saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in apricot mixture & lemon juice. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; cool..
- Alternate layers of cake cubes, apricot mixture, & cool whip in Parfait glasses or dessert dishes..
- Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours..
Mix remamining ingredients and pour over fish. Apricot-Compote Yogurt Parfaits. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Make Ahead: The apricots can be rehydrated several days ahead. The dessert can be assembled and refrigerated a day in advance. A fiery, tangy accompaniment to bread, eggs and more!