My Favorite Vegetable Soup. My favorite vegetable soup recipe that's easy to make and full of fresh veggies. Perfect for when you need to hit the reset button after the holidays. Meet my favorite, modern, feel-good vegetable soup recipe.
It can be totally vegetarian if you chose. This homemade vegetable soup with quinoa is light but filling and packs Quinoa Vegetable Soup Recipe Development. Confession: the idea for this soup recipe came My favorite soup recipe! You can cook My Favorite Vegetable Soup using 26 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Favorite Vegetable Soup
- It’s 1 of large can of V8 Juice.
- It’s 1 can of water.
- Prepare 1 bag of Fresh Carrots peeled and cut or a bag of baby carrots.
- It’s 1 bag of fresh green beans cleaned and cut in half.
- You need 1 of large Tub of Cremini Mushrooms.
- You need 1-16 ounce of bag of frozen broccoli.
- Prepare 1/2 bag of frozen Peas.
- It’s 2 of large sweet onions.
- It’s 5 of Minced garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of sliced red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of sliced green bell pepper.
- Prepare 2-3 of diced Medium Potatoes (I used russets).
- It’s of If I have sweet potatoes I will use them.
- Prepare of Seasonings: Dash of Each to taste kosher salt, Fresh Ground Pepper,.
- It’s of Cumin, Garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder,.
- You need of Smoked paprika, celery seed, chili powder, nutmeg, cinnamon.
- Prepare of Cinnamon is not detectable but it does help with.
- You need of Any acidic dish that is made.
- You need of Chopped cabbage.
- You need 3 stalks of celery chopped.
- It’s of Toss the leafy tops in also.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves (Do not eat) take out when soup is done.
- You need 1 bag of frozen corn.
- Prepare 3/4 bag of your favorite greens.
- You need of Spinach, kale, collard greens, mustard greens.
- It’s of I use the bag of Trio Greens.
I use different vegetables every time and love it just the same. It's the best healthy, cozy vegetarian soup & it's freezer-friendly! It calms the mind and soothes the soul. And the simple addition of beans or whole grains can turn your masterpiece into an And the latter is what I use because vegetable broth cubes are just SO EASY to use — and inexpensive too.
My Favorite Vegetable Soup instructions
- In a large soup pot, One to two swirls of olive oil to oil the pot Sauté onions, garlic, add V8 and water Bring to a boil, add Carrots, celery, celery seed, chili powder, paprika,.
- After soup comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium low. Cook for about 69 minutes. Add the rest of the veggies, the last 15 minutes of cooking. Add all the rest of the seasonings If using slow cooker, I start out on high, Place all ingredients into the slow cooker on low. Except mushrooms and and peas. These will become mushy. In a pot on the stove I love to simmer most of the day… Keeping an eye on the liquid not allowing it to get too low. In a slow cooker Cook on high four hours Cook on low 6-8 hours or overnight. My friend works, she puts her dinner in the crockpot on and when they get home. Dinner is ready..
My favorite is The Organic Gourmet. This vegetable soup recipe also incorporates beef; it's not a vegetarian dish. It should probably be more accurately described as a vegetable beef soup. My favorite vegetable soup is homemade minestrone with not too many noodles. This sounds very like the soup my mom used to make as well.