Warm carrot, mangetout and coriander salad. We are the UK's number one food brand. Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help. Warm carrot salad with toasted cumin dressing.
Toss in the coriander and lemon zest. Great recipe for Warm carrot, mangetout and coriander salad. One of the best things about trying to be vegan is having to think about practical but interesting food. You can cook Warm carrot, mangetout and coriander salad using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Warm carrot, mangetout and coriander salad
- You need 4 of thin carrots.
- Prepare 250 g of mangetout.
- It’s 1 of shallot.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 pinch of salt – use smoked sea salt if you have it.
- It’s 1 of small bunch of coriander.
- It’s 2 tbsp of your favourite sprouted seeds (bean, peas, lentils…).
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli powder (optional).
- You need 200 g of firm fresh tofu (optional).
This warm and spicy salad is great for late summer rainy days with an amber ale. Sweet carrots are beautiful, delicious and nutritious. From tasty carrot pancakes to a pretty topping for barley soup to adding a nice texture to sprouts salad, carrots are a versatile vegetable to use. In Morocco they have amazing warm salads.
Warm carrot, mangetout and coriander salad instructions
- Chop the shallots and cut the carrots in small strips (if you like them soft) or chunkier if you like them crunchy. They will only cook for a few minutes.from bs4 import BeautifulSoup.
- Add the shallot, the spices and the salt to a wok and fry them in the oil for a minute or so on very low fire.
- Add the carrots and toss them so that the spices spread evenly on them..
- In the meantime, remove the little stalks from the mangetout – didn't know they came in purple too! Cut the tofu in small cubes if using..
- Add the mangetout (and the tofu) to the wok and cook for another 4-5 minutes tossing frequently.
- In the meantime, chop the coriander. Remove from heat, then add the sprouts (these are mung beans and lentils) and the coriander. Mix to serve..
Nicely flavored and prepared, these salads are as much a treat as they are nourishing. The salad is best served warm (but not hot) and can also be served at room temperature. Roast carrot salad with coriander Ingredients. To make the dressing, finely grate the zest of the orange into a bowl. Set aside to cool slightly, then roughly crush in a pestle and mortar.