Skyler's Honey-Apricot Chicken with Yams.
You can have Skyler's Honey-Apricot Chicken with Yams using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Skyler's Honey-Apricot Chicken with Yams
- Prepare 2 of boneless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 large of Yam.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pure honey.
- You need 3 tbsp of apricot preserves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of lemon extract.
- It’s 5 tbsp of butter or margarine, melted.
- It’s 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of optional.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of ground hazelnuts.
Skyler's Honey-Apricot Chicken with Yams instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Cut yam into 1 inch cubes and place in baking dish, making sure to spread out enough to cover the bottom of the pan..
- Place butter or margarine into a small bowl and microwave until melted completely. Remove from microwave and add the lemon extract. Stir and set aside..
- In a larger bowl, combine the honey, apricot preserves, brown sugar, and black pepper. Mix well..
- Pour the melted butter and lemon extract into the bowl of honey-apricot mixture, stirring until well blended..
- Place chicken breasts in the baking dish, on top of the sliced yams..
- Pour half of the sauce over the chicken and yams. Sprinkle ground hazelnuts over the chicken, and sprinkle extra brown sugar over the yams if desired..
- Cover and bake in the oven for 20 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and turn chicken breasts over. Pour the remaining half of the sauce over the chicken and yams, sprinkle more ground hazelnut on the chicken, and then re-cover and bake for an additional 20 minutes..
- Remove chicken from heat, making sure it is fully cooked and the inside is no longer pink. Set aside..
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F and continue cooking just the yams for 20 more minutes..
- Remove from oven and spoon the yams and cooked sauce onto the chicken breasts. Enjoy!.