Mullangi poriyal (Radish curry). Mullangi Poriyal-Radish Curry-Mooli Sabzi Recipe-Mooli Recipes. It has a good source of vitamin C, phosphorus and zinc. Because of its high water content, it can help keep our body hydrated.
In my in-law's house we make mullangi poriyal, the normal way like how we make beans poriyal. Somehow I don't like the bland taste of radish in poriyal form. How to make Mullangi Poriyal Recipe. You can have Mullangi poriyal (Radish curry) using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mullangi poriyal (Radish curry)
- Prepare 1 of Radish/Mullangi chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of tomato chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion chopped.
- You need of Mustard seeds to temper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of kulambu milagai thool (or 1 tsp chilly powder and coriander powder).
- Prepare of Salt as required.
To prepare Mullangi Curry(South Indian Style Radish Stir Fry) Recipe, heat a pan with oil over low flame. Temper with all the tempering ingredients in the order given. Once tempered, add the radish and stir to mix. Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
Mullangi poriyal (Radish curry) step by step
- Heat a pressure cooker with oil. Splutter mustard seeds. Add onion and sauté until it becomes soft. Add tomato and sauté until it becomes soft. Add radish, kulambu milagai thool and salt. Sprinkle some water (1/4 cup approx). Close the lid and cook it for 1 whistle..
- Once pressure releases, open and sauté the curry in medium flame until it gets thicken..
Mullangi poriyal recipe, radish prepared in poriyal form as an accompaniment for south Indian lunch. Mullangi is always made into sambar at home. We get large size radish here in Singapore, I used to buy it and make sambar, mooli paratha. Nowadays I get Indian small sized radish itself (white). Mullangi poriyal Mooli recipe Radish curry ಮೂಲಂಗಿ, മുള്ളങ്കി, ముల్లంగి, मूली Radish greens stir fry / mullangi keerai poriyal – a delicious South Indian Style radish leaves stir fry recipe.