Thepla Roti. Methi thepla are light as well as healthy. A good snack for children who don't like greens, especially fenugreek. Here's a recipe for making the famous gujrati snack Thepla, in Rotimatic.
Roomali Roti Recipe Rumali Roti Beetroot Recipes Naan Icing Restaurant Make It Yourself Food And Drink Rumali Roti Missi Roti Indian Bread Recipes Kabuli Chana Millet Flour Desi Ghee Egg Curry. methi thepla recipe with step by step Methi thepla recipe with step by step photos. Methi Thepla is a gujarati flatbread variety. I tried Methi thepla for the first time and instantly fell in love with it. You can have Thepla Roti using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thepla Roti
- Prepare 2 Cups of Flour.
- It’s 4 Tablespoons of Butter.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Oil.
- You need 1 Cup of Boiling Water.
- It’s 2 of Chili's.
- You need of Coriander.
- You need 1 Clove of Garlic.
- It’s Pinch of Turmeric.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Chili Powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Theplas, another variation of parathas that have a great shelf-life and have an amazing flavor. Thepla (Gujarati: થેપલા) is a soft Indian flatbread typical of Gujarati cuisine and especially popular among Jains. It is typically enjoyed as a breakfast, or can be eaten for snacks with hot tea or can be eaten as lunch also. as a side dish with a meal, or as a snack in the late afternoon. I rarely make stuffed chapathi for dinner.
Thepla Roti instructions
- Put 2 cups of flour in a bowl, mix in all dry ingredients. Liquidise chili, coriander and garlic and add it to the flour mixture..
- Add in oil and butter to the dry ingredients..
- Mix the ingredients using a fork. Add in boiling water and mix the dough till it is soft. Knead the dough for about 5mins. Dough should not be sticky..
- Roll into small sized balls. Should make around 12 round balls..
- Roll out the balls using a rolling pin – make sure it is rolled out thin enough..
- Cook on medium heat using a heavy pan. Each side should be cooked for about 4mins. Once cooked put it into a dish covered with a tea towel to keep moisture from getting into the Thepla..
Roll it to make a thin roti. Dust in the flour whenever necessary. Instead of rolling it , i used to pat it thin in a polythene sheet greased. After years of research we have invented. Gujarati Thepla is a flat Indian Bread made of whole wheat + Gram flour + some Indian spices + fenugreek leaves.