Corn salad. Summer Corn Salad "A friend gave me some fresh-picked corn today and I really wanted to showcase it. Southwestern Roasted Corn Salad "This is a perfect side dish for a BBQ and tastes great on a hot summer day." – Kim Fusich. Chef John's Corn Salad Corn Salad makes the perfect summer dish for picnics, potlucks, or BBQs.
When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob. Toss the kernels in a large bowl with the red onions, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. In a large skillet, cook and stir corn in remaining oil over medium-high heat until tender. You can cook Corn salad using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corn salad
- You need 6 cups of fresh frozen thawed corn.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes halved.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a medium size onion finally chopped.
- It’s 1 (6 oz) of container feta cheese crumbled.
- Prepare 2 Tbl of olive oil.
- You need 1 Tbl of Italian seasoning.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
This Sweet Corn Salad recipe is perfect for any gathering! It's the best corn salad recipe because it's a simple make ahead corn salad that you can even store in the refrigerator for a few days! Scroll down for the printable recipe card or read on for the full recipe along with tips and tricks! This sensational salad is a delight to serve because you can make it ahead and it's an easy way to put garden bounty to good use.
Corn salad step by step
- Thaw frozen corn and add to big bowl.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and add to corn.
- Chop onion into small pieces add to bowl.
- Add feta cheese to mix.
- Season to taste.
Add the corn, green and red bell peppers, onion, and tomato, and lightly toss. I prefer making this salad with fresh corn cut from the cob, but you can use canned or frozen corn as well. Olive oil – a little bit of olive oil to cook the corn in. Veggies – such as bell peppers, red onion, green onions and a jalapeno pepper. Cilantro – lots of fresh cilantro for this recipe.