Island Seafood and Corn Chowder. Great recipe for Island Seafood and Corn Chowder. I want to call this creation "Caribbean Seafood Chowder" but there's nothing Caribbean about it except the scotch bonnet and coconut milk. See great recipes for Island Seafood and Corn Chowder too!
This series featured nine bloggers from different parts of the country, including yours truly representing the Pacific. Corn, shrimp, and scallops team up in this hearty seafood chowder. Whether you are at the beach or inland, the flavors of the sea make a satisfying soup. You can cook Island Seafood and Corn Chowder using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Island Seafood and Corn Chowder
- Prepare of White fish, 1 lbs diced large (I used cod).
- It’s 1 lbs of peeled, deveined shrimp.
- You need 1 can of corn, drained.
- It’s 2 cans of coconut milk, plus 1 can water or seafood stock.
- You need of Red bell pepper, diced.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 tbs of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 of fresh scotch bonnet, pierced once with a knife.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks, diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
You can enjoy this as a lunch dish or a soup course for dinner. Serve the chowder with freshly baked biscuits or crusty bread, along with a simple salad. Stir in seafood seasoning and bay leaf. Add flour; stir until vegetables are coated.
Island Seafood and Corn Chowder step by step
- Heat oil in a pot, saute onion and garlic until onion translucent..
- Add the diced potatoes and celery. Cook for about 8 min. Add in your tomato paste then your seasonings and salt and pepper. Cook for further 2 min..
- Add in your coconut milk, milk, scotch bonnet and red Bell pepper. Bring to rolling boil and cook until the potatoes are ALMOST cooked through..
- When the potatoes are about 80% cooked, add in your white fisg and shrimp. Cook for about 8-10 min until the fish is flaky and the shrimp is pink..
- Serve hot. I julienned some fresh kale and put it in my bowl. When the hot chowder is poured into the bowl it will cook the kale just perfectly..
Heat the stock in small pot over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for a couple of minutes. Add creamed corn, canned corn, milk and freshly ground pepper. Over medium-high heat, heat until hot, not boiling. The Key to Lightening Up Shrimp Corn Chowder.