Cheesy Parmesan Corn Meal Mush. Fried Corn Meal Mush, also known as Polenta, was a staple. Mix flour, corn meal, and salt. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese while hot.
Thrifty and tummy filling, Cornmeal Mush makes a tasty breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The following steps show how to make Polenta, which is a close cousin to Cornmeal Mush. Both dishes follow the same technique. You can have Cheesy Parmesan Corn Meal Mush using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Parmesan Corn Meal Mush
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow corn meal.
- Prepare 3 1/4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 tbs of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of fresh shredded parmesan.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
I've been eating cornmeal mush ever since I was a little girl. Now it's become popular with my family. I especially love this version because the batter is made ahead of time and fried the next morning. I've been eating cornmeal mush ever since I was a little girl.
Cheesy Parmesan Corn Meal Mush step by step
- In a medium sauce pan bring 2 cups of water to a boil. In a separate bowl wisk together corn meal and 1 1/4 cup of room temperature or cold water. As soon as water boils slowly pour corn meal mixture into pan, stirring constantly..
- Continue to cook over medium heat until corn meal begins to thicken. Reduce heat to medium low and cook 5 minutes more (watch out for bubbles popping and reduce heat to low if necessary). Stirring constantly through entire step..
- Reduce heat to low (if you haven't already). Gently stir in parmesan until fully incorporated. Finish by stirring in butter until melted completely. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately..
- Note: This dish pairs amazingly well with my Garlic Pepper Baked Salmon. Refrigerate leftovers in a rectangular storage dish (or loaf pan) and use for savory fried corn meal mush..
Cornmeal mush is also commonly served fried, as in this recipe. The mixture is left to set or placed in the refrigerator to chill and then Your kids will love them as an alternative to French toast and pancakes—cut the set mush into "fingers," fry, and let the kids dip into. Corn Meal Mush. back to all recipes. Our most trusted Corn Meal Mush With Cheese recipes. Reviewed by millions of home cooks.