Chicken corn chowder soup. Now, soup is definitely one of my favorite things to make for dinner so I'm always looking out for new soup recipes. Today we are serving up this Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder that is definitely a win all around. I loved it, my husband loved it and my picky eating kids loved it.
This chicken corn chowder is the type of recipe I'm craving these days. Just give me a big bowl of something warm, please! Chicken chowder soup is a delicious comfort food. You can cook Chicken corn chowder soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken corn chowder soup
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of pack of boneless chicken breast.
- It’s 8 cups of chicken stock (2 quarts).
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
- You need 5 of heaping tbsp flour.
- You need of Olive oil to brown chicken then veggies.
- You need 1 of large onion diced.
- Prepare 6 stalks of celery diced.
- Prepare 2 of small red and green peppers diced.
- Prepare Handful of baby carrots diced.
- Prepare 1-2 lbs of diced potatoes.
- You need 6 of fresh ears of corn or two frozen bags of corn.
- You need 2 tbsp of crushed garlic.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need to taste of Paprika.
- It’s of Chicken bouillon for flavoring.
- It’s of Fresh herbs like parsley.
This recipe is made with a combination of vegetables, spices, and boneless skinless chicken breasts. A chowder made with chicken and corn. It can be reheated with the cream added without curdling, even in the microwave. If you let this soup simmer for about an hour the potatoes become mealy and thicken the soup tremendously without having to use heavy cream as the thickener.
Chicken corn chowder soup instructions
- Brown chicken in large pot with garlic, salt and pepper, and paprika.
- Remove chicken and sauté the veggies (leave potatoes and corn aside) until translucent.
- Add everything else besides the flour. Corn, potatoes, chicken, broth, milk, seasoning. Bring to boil for about 30 min..
- Add flour to about 1 1/2 cups water and make slurry. Pour in and stir right away and let thicken. Taste to add bouillon or salt and pepper..
I love freezing soups, but due to the dairy and potatoes in this one, I don't recommend freezing it as is. Can corn chowder be made in the slow cooker? This Creamy Corn Chowder Soup involves little more than opening cans then using the empty cans to measure the liquids! Easy soup recipe of your dreams! What sets this chowder apart from most is the addition of potatoes, which is what gives this soup the thickness and creaminess without needing heavy cream.