Korean Cheesy Corn (Corn Cheese) using 5 Ingredients only. Canned corn, green bell pepper, mayonnaise, mozzarella cheese, onion, red bell pepper, rice cake, salt, sugar, unsalted butter. Corn cheese what Koreans call cheesy corn. It often served in Korean BBQ restraints in U.
Drain canned corn, you can use fresh corn if you want to! I just went the easy way, lol. Korean Corn Cheese is a popular appetizer or side dish which can be easily made at home. You can have Korean Cheesy Corn (Corn Cheese) using 5 Ingredients only using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean Cheesy Corn (Corn Cheese) using 5 Ingredients only
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of cooked sweet corn kernels (better fresh vs canned).
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced green and red bell peppers.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of sugar (or to taste).
- Prepare of Optional: sliced rice cakes (Tteokbokki).
It tastes similar to creamed corn with melted cheese on top. I'm actually thinking of serving Korean Corn Cheese at Thanksgiving this year instead of my traditional slow cooker creamed corn. This Korean fast food favourite is so delicious with its bubbling cheese and sweet corn. Corn cheese (콘치즈) is a quick, simple but also delicious side dish.
Korean Cheesy Corn (Corn Cheese) using 5 Ingredients only step by step
- Melt butter on low heat..
- Add corn, mayo, sugar, bell peppers and mix well. Optional: add rice cakes. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper. Remember not to put too much salt as cheese will be added later..
- Add cheese and place cover to melt cheese..
- Optional: Broil in the oven to char the cheese on top a little bit. Serve as a side dish for fried chicken. Best paired with soju..
Anju is a general term used in Korea to describe food that is usually eaten with alcohol. If you want to impress your friends just whip up some corn cheese, grab a bottle of soju (소주) and socialize Korean style! How to Make Korean Corn Cheese. Korean corn cheese is a popular cheesy, sweet and savory snack typically enjoyed with drinks. I tinkered around a bit and combined it with the flavours of Elote (Mexican Grilled Corn) for a more flavorful way to enjoy corn this summer.