Fresh Sweet Corn Salad. CORN: This Corn Salad recipe starts with a base of delicious sweet corn (of course), if you have time it's worth making grilled corn to use in this recipe it before you cut it off the cob. DRESSING: I then add in some fresh veggies and toss it all with a simple homemade vinaigrette (and once in a while I add in. This fresh corn salad recipe features raw sweet corn, fresh herbs, cucumber, radishes, jalapeño, tomato and more!
I have used fresh sweet corn. Though even tinned corn be used. But I do suggest using fresh corn as the taste of salad is better with fresh corn. You can have Fresh Sweet Corn Salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fresh Sweet Corn Salad
- You need 10-15 ears of corn, fresh is best (canned /frozen will work).
- It’s 8-10 of Cucumbers, roughly peeled and diced.
- Prepare 15-20 of Cherry Tomatoes, quartered.
- Prepare 1 of large red pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of large green pepper, diced.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of jalapenos, minced.
- It’s of Dressing:.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Lime Juice.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tbsp of Sugar.
You can steam them in a pressure cooker, steamer or. We love fresh summer corn when it's in season, but frozen corn makes a great year-round substitute in this quick and easy side dish. A sweet summer corn salad that can be made with fresh or frozen corn. This sweet side dish is easy to make and irresistibly delicious.
Fresh Sweet Corn Salad instructions
- Get all your ingredients together, and use the counts and measurements in my ingredients list above loosely. If you have more corn or less cucumbers its still a salad :).
- If you are using fresh corn go ahead and blanch it for 5 minutes in boiling salted water, remove from pot to a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process. After the corn has cooled cut the kernels from the cob using the old bunt cake pan method..
- Then you peel, chop, dice all the veggies you are using. Place in a giant bowl and stir. I roughly peel my home grown cucumbers but if you are using store bought with the wax coating you are going to want to remove all the peeling..
- Put together dressing ingredients or use any store bought vinaigrette style dressing you want. If you are going to eat this all week (as I plan to) avoid adding salt until serving as it will pull moisture from the veggies and all the extra juice ruins the fresh taste. Also store in a flat cassarole style dish to prevent all those juices congregating at the bottom and ruining your presentation. I hope you enjoy!.
Preparing fresh corn for this recipe only takes a few seconds. This easy corn salad is made with fresh sweet corn, tomatoes, avocado, onion, and cilantro. It only takes a few minutes to make and is a great side This salad is best made in the summertime when sweet corn is in season. We always pick up fresh sweet corn at the farmers market so we can make. The sweet crunch of fresh corn is truly a seasonal event.